Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 5:45:28 PM EDT
Ok, my Ironwood arrived, got it finished & ready to install. I got the lower front handguard on with no problem but when I removed the black plastic upper handguard & tried to install the wooden one I ran into a problem. There is no metal spacer to use with the Ironwood handguard. Where can I get one of these? I haven't gotten to removing the buttstock yet. Does the thumbhole have a pistol grip screw in it I can reuse or am I going to need to pick up one of those as well?

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You can install the upper handguard without the metal spacer, or you could scavenge it off of the plastic one.  If you really need one, try www.k-varcorp.com or www.globaltrades.com

I'm pretty sure there is a grip screw there, take a look and see.

Hope that helps,

T
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I finally got the piece from another handguard. The pistol grip screw from the t-hole worked just fine. I'll work on getting a photo up of the finished product.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Update.... here is the finished product. Top is Bulgarian, bottom is Romanian:

Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
very nice JT; ironwood sure makes some nice furniture. both of the ak's are outstanding
           tattoo762x39
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top