Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2013 8:30:55 PM EDT
Early Friday evening I drove for about a 1/2 hour to meet someone to buy an Atlantic Arms WaffenWerks AK-74 he had for sale.  Although I didn't "steal" it from him I did pay a fair price for it and the 4 Bulgarian and 1 Tapco magazine.  It is the version that is: KG Gun Cote finished and has a chrome lined barrel, bayonet lug, Removable AK74 Brake/ Flash hider, G2 Fire control, and Side rail for scope mount.  AlanticFirearms list them as sold out; the wood stocked version (also sold out) was listed at $799 with one magazine; I got it with 5 magazines; no shipping costs or taxes.  When I asked the seller how it shot - he said he hand't shot it!  I shall take care of that however, AimSurplus has Russian 5.45x39 53grn FMJ 1,080rd Cans for $179.95...in the mail already!  Range report will follow...as will pictures.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Good score on both the WW and ammo! If it's like mine, you will love it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
As promised, here's a picture of my WaffenWerks AK74 with my PARS imported Maadi:

http://iwantthatknife.com/Gallery/albums/range-visit/pair_of_aks_left.jpg

I got the Maadi several years ago for $225 out the door from my local gunshop.  The WaffenWerks was a bit more obviously but the two priced together make them a good buy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
good deal. Prepare the Maadi for hurt feelings, you will soon enjoy the 74 more.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got the Maadi several years ago for $225 out the door from my local gunshop.  
View Quote

I really like that Maadi and wish I could buy one for that price. I've been wanting one for quite some time. They have a much more ruff and rugged look to them than the traditional Russian AKM with laminate furniture.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Both look very nice, I've been thinking of getting a Waffen 74 because of the ammo price. I'm not sure I want to get into a whole new platform though.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top