Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2010 7:03:56 PM EDT
After searching around here apparently this was an old problem on the SLR-106 type rifles...   Sure enough, My sn is in the AB range.

It is the first time I have fired the rifle after having it over a year.   Do you guys have any experience with Arsenal and shipping rifles back to them for the fix?

Also, I have another SLR-106CR that is also in the AB range and has not been fired yet...  

What says the AK junkies here....
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
My SN# starts with IM. I am having problems with the suplied 5 round mag. and the pin that retains the mag catch release keeps drifting out.

What are the letters in the SN# a date code? How isit decifered.

Link Posted: 4/4/2010 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My SN# starts with IM. I am having problems with the suplied 5 round mag. and the pin that retains the mag catch release keeps drifting out.

What are the letters in the SN# a date code? How isit decifered

The rivet that retains the mag release is a pain to reinstall. I'd send that rifle back for that alone.

What kind of failures are you seeing? WHat mags? What ammo?

BSW
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#3]
for what its worth regarding the supplied 5 round mag ––my 107fr didn't run well with it,
works like a charm with all others.
the 5 rounder is in the stored box never to see the light of day.
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
for what its worth regarding the supplied 5 round mag ––my 107fr didn't run well with it,
works like a charm with all others.
the 5 rounder is in the stored box never to see the light of day.

Yes, I've also heard of several complaints with the 5-round mag. Best to put it right back n the box.
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen a couple of 106UR that the mag release pin was drifting out. The factory did not properly flare out the ends to eliminate the problem....
I have also seen a couple of CR's where the feed ramp fix was not properly machined out ––-

All in all my 106's (FR's) have the mods and are really good, solid shooters
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Should I ship these back to Arsenal or have a local gunsmith do the ramp fix?

Also, are there diffrent markings for GEN I and GEN II type magazines... specifically the M-74NC smoke ones... I have a shit ton and am thinking I have all Gen I types.
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Let them fix the problem (Arsenal) a gunsmith may not know exactly the angle of the bevel that needs to be milled..

Not sure on the smoke mags but the Gen 1 mags ribs did not go around the whole mag body and they also deleted the spoon holder for a stripper clip guide on top of the mag.
BUT from what I have heard and I might be wrong - if you do have the mod done to the rifle both gens of mags should be alright... I have 20 mags for mine and they all work
Link Posted: 4/8/2010 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#8]
oops repeat post
Link Posted: 4/9/2010 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Should I ship these back to Arsenal or have a local gunsmith do the ramp fix?

Also, are there diffrent markings for GEN I and GEN II type magazines... specifically the M-74NC smoke ones... I have a shit ton and am thinking I have all Gen I types.

Part of what you paid for with the Arsenal is the warranty. Why pay some guy to invalidate that warranty for you?

BSW

Link Posted: 4/9/2010 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I appreciate the input guys.

I sent them back to arsenal.

I really like these rifles and want them to run like a sewing machine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to hijack this thread, but can someone explain to me what problems have been encountered with the SLR-106CR?  I have one that starts with AB in the SN# and just shot it the other day.  No feeding problems and shoots straight, but has major trigger slap.  My finger was tingling after just 10 rounds.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top