Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:03:45 AM EDT
Happy New Year to All, I am having a problem with my wasp10 Romianian AK. It seems that when I shoot the shells aren't ejecting quick enough and they fall back on the clip and get caught on the slide, thus jamming the gun until I pull it out. This only happens about 25% of the time though, Here's what I have done to troubleshoot, Used 3 different makes of clips, ALWAYS clean the gun after shooting, used 3 different makers of ammo, including some "Shiny Coated" ammo and some non shiny. Any one know the cause? This rifle is only 6 months old and has around 500 rounds though it, so I know it's capable of more. Thanks to everyone.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Has the rifle always had this problem throughout 500 rounds of firing? If you have tryed 3 diff. mags and 3 types of ammo, then that pretty much makes it clear its a problem with the rifle.
I'd check the bolt real good and make sure the extracor is good and clean. It could also be a weak extractor spring.  Does the ejector show any wear or damage? Its not chipped or mushroomed?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The first few hundred rounds it didn't have a problem. I only remember one spring when I disassemble so I guess that is the ejector spring. I will take it apart today and look at it, Usually though it seems only the butt of the bullet gets caught, like it almost makes it out, but then its just a bit slow, other times I can see the emtpy cartridge fly five feet away. I wll post back once I look at the spring. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I disassembled the bolt, cleaned out more (hidden) sticky red casmoline, soaked all bolt components in a bowl of gasoline (outdoors), dried & lubricated bolt parts and all slide rails. Improved my situation 100%.    

Now when I get that windage tool I will have my $300 AK operating well & accurate.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The extractor is part of the bolt face, its pinned on and acts as a claw pulling the cartridge out of the chamber. You'll need to remove the retaining pin to actually dissassemble it from the bolt. If a good cleaning doesn't help then you may want to try a new spring. Good Luck!

Quoted:
The first few hundred rounds it didn't have a problem. I only remember one spring when I disassemble so I guess that is the ejector spring. I will take it apart today and look at it, Usually though it seems only the butt of the bullet gets caught, like it almost makes it out, but then its just a bit slow, other times I can see the emtpy cartridge fly five feet away. I wll post back once I look at the spring. Thanks

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok Thank to all!! I the bolt apart(Took out both pins) and cleaned them all with some Gun Scrubber and Barrel Scrubber  until they looked spotless and put them back together, didn't get time to test it yet...will do so in the next few days and let everyone know. The only thing I didn't try was shooting with the original 5-shot clip, I may try that and see as well. Thanks again. This is the first AK I ever owned and I really enjoy shooting it.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top