Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/8/2005 9:30:30 AM EDT
whenever I come across a bad 7.62 as can be expected shooting junk. after the hammer falls on a dud when I extract the round and slam another manualy the gun wont fire, I dont get it when I strip it down everything looks fine, snap it back together and its fireing.  its a Romy if that helps
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude,

I am completely lost at what you are asking or describing.

But, if you are having ignition problems, try cleaning your bolt.  Hose the thing down with Break Free and then remove your firing pin.  

Have you cleaned your weapon?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I understand what you are getting at although I could be wrong. Let me get this straight, you load up a mag, rack the slide and the first round loads. You fire that round and the next and so on, until you come to a round that is a dud and doesn't fire. (what kind of ammo anyways, I've never had a dud 7.62x39 round, is this some kind of really crappy surplus?) Anyways, after waiting the 30s to a minute, you rack the slide back, the dud round kicks out and a fresh one from the mag loads, right? You pull the trigger, only to find that the hammer wasn't reset and wasn't being held by the sear. Am I right so far? If the hammer is following the bolt home after you cycle it you may have one of two problems.... One which is unlikely as you dno't have a problem on the first round out of a new mag, is that the sear isn't grabbing the hammer, and basically the disconnector is catching the hammer when you fire and the trigger can catch it when it is released by the disconnector. Not likely, as you don't have this problem on the first round you fire from the mag. Most likely problem is that you aren't racking the bolt back far enough to lock the hammer back. This is hard to do in an AK as the round in the chamber needs a bit of force to eject correctly, but you could be doing this, something similar to short stroking a shotgun... Last possibility could be that the tigger hole is too low and that the sear can't catch the hammer unless the bolt is brought all the way to the rear. You can get around this by simply making sure you bring the bolt all the way to the rear when you have a dud. Good luck and if I'm missing something let me know!
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top