Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:17:54 PM EDT
I am replacing the old thumbhole stock and handguards on my Mak90 with a nice 4 piece walnut ak kit from iroonwood design, but i cant seem to get the new upper handguard on the gas tube. I cut the old one off so it wasnt tough to remove. HELP!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to twist off the hand guard.  look at the end of the gas tube that is locked into the sight base.  It kind of looks square right?  Hold the gas tube in your left hand and put a wrench on the flats on the other end and give it a twist.  You need to rotate it 180 degrees, so the hand guard wood would have been pointing down.

You slide off the old wood and slide on the new wood.  Then rotate the square end of the tube back 180 degrees.  No need to cut off any wood.

You may need to lightly trim the ridge where the wood fits into the gas tube ratainers, but that is all.

Here  and here are links that show how to do it.

Go to google and type in: ak hand guard removal

if you need more info.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top