Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 11:54:53 AM EDT
AMD 65 built on OOW reciever appears that the hammer (tapco G2 single hook)  is pushing the bolt carrier up after a round is fired and is jamming up on the back of the reciever, almost as if it were trying to field strip itself. I thought about dremmeling down the top of the hammer, but I am worried about changing its geometry.  What could be the solution?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
How many rounds have you put through the rifle?  Have you tried putting a little moly grease on the contact areas?  I have polished the bolt and carrier surfaces on my AKs with no ill effects.

She just might need to be broken in a little more.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive shot less than 20 rounds. It is a brand new build done by a reputable builder ( im not pointing any fingers, if anything I think I got a bum reciever...) Since the bolt carrier looked like it was going to jump out of the reciever, I wanted to stop before something got damaged, like my face. I'll give polishing and greasing a try.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
it happens with OOW...pins are too high
you have to change the profile of the hammer, take alot off the rear lobe, angle it like a bulgarian hammer
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Try a BlackJack buffer. It will keep the carrier from going all the way back to the take down slot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Ladies and Gents,
I solved my prob. First I tried filing and polishing the profile of the hammer....no good.  So, I thought about the problem, and realized that I needed to shorten the cycle of the bolt carrier. I did this by welding a 3/8 nut into the slot of the recoil spring housing. After some clean up with my grinder, I found that this shortened the cycle approx 1/4 inch and was enough to keep everything on track, I took it out and put 200 rnds through it without a hiccup.
  Thanks to everyone that responded with advice.

P.S. I did hit the SOB with a hammer a few times...good thing its an AK!!
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top