Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/21/2005 5:03:34 PM EDT
Hello one and all. . .

Having a problem with one of my AK's.

It's a Saiga rifle, converted by Hesse to look like a "standard" AK.  Picked this rifle up about five years ago for the price of a SAR-1 back then.  

It's always been very reliable, but the last few times I've had it out for a little fun time it's experienced a "bolt over base" stoppage:  rifle fires, action cycles and as the bolt and bolt carrier come foward the bolt catches the next round in the mag about 1/3 the way up on the case -- make sense ? ?    In other words it appears the next round is not completely up in the mag in order for it to be caught by the bolt face.

At first I thought it was a mag problem (weak mag spring) but it's happened now with several mags.    Been using Wolf, Barnual, Yugo, and East German ammo -- happens now and then with all of them.

So . . . . any idea on what to do ? ?  

Really disturbing when your AK don't go BANG ! ! !

Thanks  ! !  

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
 Can you try shooting while pulling back on the bottom of the magazine?  Would there be enough slop there to get the case head enough higher to get caught by the bolt?
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top