Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 8:27:36 AM EDT
I have a WASR 10 style AK, my first one.  Problem is the wire that retains the trigger pins will not hold the pins in place during rapid fire.  The pins walk right out and everything gets jammed up.  I need some suggestions on how to deal with this?  Is there a different, more reliable type of retaining clip I can use for the pins or something (cotter pin or c-clip maybe)???
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#1]
First, do you have the assembly tube installed that holds the trigger and safety sear together?  Second, when you have the wire installed, be sure that your hammer / trigger pins are all the way in and that the spring is caught by the little indent in the pin.

Most likely, you do not have the wire in the grove in the pivot pin.  And, yes there is a metal device that is easier to install than the wire.

Go Here to see an excellent set of instructions regarging your trigger group.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to ACE hardware with a pin and bought a pair of E-clips that fit groove works good. easy in and easy out but won't come off by themselves
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Off topic but I don't want to start a new thread... Subject: G2 double hook fire control group, improving the action.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make the G2 smoother and function nicer?   I've shot a Mak 90 and a G2 side by side.  The mak 90 has a much smoother tigger pull.  

Comments anyone on how to improve the pull on a G2 Double hook?
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top