Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2004 3:51:32 AM EDT
What are some typical reasons for/solutions to an AK that jams? I have an Romanian SAR-1 7.62X39 that does the equivalent of a "stovepipe jam" with an auto pistol. The spent casing is not ejected cleanly and gets caught in the action sticking straight out to the side. It will happen about once every 20-30 rounds. The mags I'm using are the heavy thick ones that seem to come with all the SAR-1's with no markings on them. It's actually very ard to describe their feel...I'm sure they're metal but the texture almost looks and feels like plastic. 2 30 rounders, one 10 rounder, and a 40 rounder. They all do it, so I assume it's not the mags, it's the rifle. Then again, the mags all seem to be from the same maker and material...so maybe it just doesn't like the style of mags?

Anyhow, I bought this to be a cheap "bullet hose" for plinking out to short distances. I don't want to sink a lot of money into it (it's not worth much anyways). It functions flawlessly other than these hiccups
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
well if its a new rifle id say your carrier is just to tight
it should move easly and b kinda loose (not sloppy) but loose
and few hundred rounds will fix it or u can sand/grind alittle
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top