Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/8/2004 1:58:09 PM EDT
I have a NHM-91 by Norinco. Have had issues with it for a long time & I'm finally getting around to fixing it.
It will fire first shot after charging with the bolt carrier no problem, next shot, just barely dimples the primer.
I first cleaned very thoroughly, changed the firing pin.. Just put a new hammer & hammer/trigger spring in it, but discovered the problem.
Broken disconnector & no disconnector spring!
So, I ordered the disconnector & spring & installed them. Looks good.. only problem is the disconnector still won't hold onto the hammer. If I have pressure on it, by holding all the way back on the trigger, I can hold the hammer w/  the disconnector, but as soon as I release the pressure, disconnector releases & the trigger hooks hold onto it.
I looked at the original hammer & found the disconnector notch is slightly larger on the original hammer, so put it back in. Still doesn't hold onto the hammer.. I also compared what was left of the original disconnector & it looks identical to the new one.

I'm out of ideas.. I still need to take it out & see how she runs, but don't have much hope, since the disconnector never holds the hammer. I don't see how it could get out of alignment so bad, the hammer & trigger pins would have to move..

Please Help!!

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#1]
 Do you know anyone with another Chinese that you can check the original and replacement FCG parts against?  Check a known good Chinese trigger against yours.
 All axis pins fully seated?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.. don't know of anyone around here who has one like mine. All the pins are seated all the way in, the spring clip is also seated & holding them in. I posted this on the regular AK board & got some replies, sounds like it's working as designed. I didn't think so, but will have to see on Friday.. Thanks a lot for the reply!

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the pin hole locations in the receiver... could have been mis-located since birth.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check the pin hole locations in the receiver... could have been mis-located since birth.

True.. how would I check? Also, I have had the rifle for about 3 years, working fine, so I don't know if that could be the case. I just hope it runs like a champ again when I take it out Friday!

Thanks for the recommendations!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the hammer installed correctly? With the flat side of the trigger tabs facing up, rounded side down (when hammer pulled back)?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a NHM-91 by Norinco. Have had issues with it for a long time & I'm finally getting around to fixing it.
It will fire first shot after charging with the bolt carrier no problem, next shot, just barely dimples the primer.
I first cleaned very thoroughly, changed the firing pin.. Just put a new hammer & hammer/trigger spring in it, but discovered the problem.
Broken disconnector & no disconnector spring!
So, I ordered the disconnector & spring & installed them. Looks good.. only problem is the disconnector still won't hold onto the hammer. If I have pressure on it, by holding all the way back on the trigger, I can hold the hammer w/  the disconnector, but as soon as I release the pressure, disconnector releases & the trigger hooks hold onto it.
I looked at the original hammer & found the disconnector notch is slightly larger on the original hammer, so put it back in. Still doesn't hold onto the hammer.. I also compared what was left of the original disconnector & it looks identical to the new one.

I'm out of ideas.. I still need to take it out & see how she runs, but don't have much hope, since the disconnector never holds the hammer. I don't see how it could get out of alignment so bad, the hammer & trigger pins would have to move..

Please Help!!

This is how it is SUPPOSED TO WORK.

The disconnector on a semi-auto only holds the hammer untill you let the trigger go, then the trigger hooks hold it untill you pull again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup, that's what I was told. I thought it had to hold it down all the time, but makes sense to work this way. I'll have to give you guys an update after the session this Friday! Got my fingers crossed...
Thanks again, to all of you for the help!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Woot!

It's runnin' again!

Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I should have just tested after replacing the parts, I was being paraniod.

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top