Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/15/2003 7:07:13 PM EDT
Made a quick trip to the range today to try out my recent '93 Maadi find & my $89 Alby from AIM.
The Good: The Alby functioned perfectly with Wolf 7.62x39.
The Bad: The Maadi hammer wouldn't fall but about 30% of the time.
The Ugly: The Alby stock. BUT it is functional & I have a replacement stock to install when I get the time.

Now, I could use some help on the Maadi problem. I discovered that trigger was coming to far forward (inside rcvr)and "catching" the hammer after a shot was fired. If I pushed the trigger forward from the trigger guard just a bit, it let the hammer slip so that it would fall when I pulled the trigger. I looked, but couldn't figure out what to do to rememdy this. Ideas
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
 Trigger and hammer pivots pins all the way in and
locked with Shepard's Crook?
 Take offf the dust cover and watch the parts move.
Assume, for this, that nothing is broken and something is not installed correctly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
doesn't appear to have been altered.  all pins in all the way.  i don't know what a shepard's crook is.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top