Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 12:31:48 PM EDT
I have an MAK-90 in .223 that has begun starting to have failures to extract.  I'm using Wolf 55 grain FMJ ammunition.  Oddly, it almost seems to have more problems during slow fire than when just dumping a mag out as quick as you can.  The cartridge is stuck about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the breech and the only way to remove it is to drop a cleaning rod down the bore and hammer at the brass while pushing the bolt back.  Any ideas?  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:23:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
It's hard to say how many rounds I've put through it.  One to two thousand, anyway.  I haven't tried it with other types of ammo, but the next time I go out I'll bring along some American Eagle I've got and try that.  The Wolf ammo had problems despite coming from two different batches.  Of the two jammed cases I have, one has a pierced primer and other looks fine.  Thanks again for your help.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
RotDorn,
 Thanks for your help.  It's odd that this never happened before, but I'll try it with the American Eagle stuff.  I'll definately keep you posted, but I'm not sure when I'm going out again, time and drought issues being what they are.  Thanks again.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top