Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 4:26:33 PM EDT
testfired my AMD65 today. It didn't blow up, but it didn't function correctly either. Chambered the 1st rd and fired it, and the bolt carrier went back, ejected the fired rd, and slammed forward stripping a new rd out of the mag and chambering it, but the hammer rode the bolt forward. I manually retracted the carrier, ejected the live rd, and let the carrier slam forward, chambering a new rd, then pulled the trigger, and it fired. Then it repeated the steps above. Whats causing this? how to repair it?
                          OJF
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you use the original disconnect? If so, the safety lever could be depressing it and letting the hammer follow. Replace the disconnect or grind off the rear portion that contacts the safety.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#2]
What me223 said.
Remove the mag make sure the chamber is empty.
Remove the top cover or dust cover and cycle the bolt carrier with the trigger released. Then cycle with the trigger pulled.
Watch the center piece on the trigger tail.
does it move? if not follow me223 in removing enough disconnecter to allow it to ingage the hammer disc notch
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top