Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 1:53:13 PM EDT
  I have a new Saiga that the first time I took it to the range it worked fine.  After installing a bullet guide I went to test it out.

The first round chambered and fired fine, but I noticed the bolt did not close.  After getting it home to look closer, this is what I know.

1) Go and no-go gages will slip into the chamber.
 2) A bullet will not seat,it stick`s out 3/8" to the base of the case.
 3) the bolt will close with no round in the chamber.
 4) A bullet is not stuck in the barrel
 5) The chamber looks clean.
 6) I was using Remington ammo, random samples of what I have left will not chamber, but it worked fine my first time out.

Is it possable that it fired without the bolt being closed, and the gas expanding in the chamber caused a bulge near the front.  

I wonder if it could be reamed or polished out by going in through the muzzle, like a back c`bore.  Is their a way to do this from the breach end.  I do not want to remove the barrel.  will this solve the problem?

Any ideas on what happened?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the mouth of the chamber for any little burrs. Sounds like it may have one on the edge of the chamber. If it does, file or carefully gring it out.

To see if there is one, push a round in by hand as far as you can. Carefully push it back out with a cleaning rod. Try not to rotate the round so you can see where the burr my be. You may have hit it when you were putting the guid in.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:01:41 AM EDT
[#2]
   Thanks me223.  It turned out to be a caseneck that ripped off and stuck in the chamber.  It was real hard to see untill I had a chance to compair it with another side by side.  Sliding a small screw driver down the side of the chamber I could feel the differance, but not really see it.

I used a 5/16-24 bottom tap and a cleaning rod to get it out.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top