Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 2:50:27 AM EDT
Fires fine, sights and everything are great, but the rivets on one side are rounded on one side and flat on the other.  Didn't think much of it when I picked it up from the store but  a buddy of mine has a 10/63 with rivets rounded on both sides.  I'm curious if anyone else has the same rivets and whether or not this is a problem, or normal.  

Side note only paid about 350 for the 10/63, saw it and bought it on a whim lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be an axis pin.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean the rivet head on the outside is round, and it is flat on the inside of the receiver?  This is normal.

Or some rivets are flat on the outside of the receiver and some are round?  With a 100 type  side-folding stock, the rear rivets need to be flat to cleat the hinge.  Many are flat on both sides.

Even a rivet head that would traditionally be round on the outside, is not really a functional issue if it is flat, provided it is thick enough.  Early AKs had the rivets ground smooth with the receiver in countersunk holes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Round on the side with the safety and charging handle but flat on the opposite side of the reciever.  If they were ground flat then it was done very well.  I do know this is a newer import (came with g2 trigger, russian side scope mount, ect.) If that helps any
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
need pics to evaluate
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#5]
some rivits are made with a flat head that lays on the anvil
while a punch with a concave face shapes the other end
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]
If you order long Bulgarian rivets from K-var, thats what they look like.  No big deal.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top