Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:31:02 AM EDT
Hello,

I have a WASR 10/63. Has been fine with the 500 rounds I put through her so far. Fit the Tapco polymer mags fine & steel mags no wobble with either.
I notice when fitting her with a X300 light, & eotech knockoff, the mag release pin was half way out.  I took a punch & started to tap the pin back through only to tap & have it shoot out the other end & the entire mag release spring & parts went ping.  After I found everything, I spent an hour trying to figure out how to put it back on.

So how do it do it?  I guess I need a new pin since it's so loose, I can order that.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2009 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I replied in the wrong thread sorry.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
You might have better luck in the Build It  Yourself forum.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
TAG
Same thing happen to my WASR as well, so back to the top with this one!
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#5]
The mag catch is riveted in place.  If you REALLY want to fix it yourself then you will have to buy a new rivet from K-var.com.  Install the mag catch and use 1/4" ball bearings to flare the ends of the tube on the rivet.  

How old is it?  I would call Century and see if the monkeys there can fix it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
that spring is a PITA! Ball bearing trick would be the way to peen the ends of the pin after install. IM me if you want a go-by pic
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Same thing happened on my CIA M70AB2, its heading back to century at the end of the week for this and another problem. Hopefully it doesnt come back worse then it is now.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top