Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 2:16:12 PM EDT
So I pulled the tab up on lower hand guard that releases it, but the upper band with the tab only moves a small amount up on the barrel once the tab is released.

This minimal movement does not give me enough clearence to lift the handguard forward to clear the rear from the lower part of the reciever. Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I pulled the tab up on lower hand guard that releases it, but the upper band with the tab only moves a small amount up on the barrel once the tab is released.

This minimal movement does not give me enough clearence to lift the handguard forward to clear the rear from the lower part of the reciever. Any help appreciated.
You are going to half to force it and it will mar your weapon.  I have removed the handguards on SLR-95s, Mak-90s, And SAR-1s.  Removing the lower handguard is hard to do you must force it foward it will leave a nice scratch where it moves.  

What type of AK do you have mabye I can help you.  I use a rubber mallet to force it move.  Oli around the handguard ring and get a rubber mallet and tap it a few times.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Norinco NHM-91. 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Norinco NHM-91. 20" barrel.
Same as a Mak-90 for getting it off.  It is a bitch I know.  Buy a rubber hammer and grease the area infront of the handguard ring and tap it with the rubber hammer.  It will take some work but it will come off.

I have a nice scar trying to take the handguards off of a SLR-95.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Same with my SLR, same conclusion.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I am not sure I want to scratch it up. Thats just not worth it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top