Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/20/2007 5:30:51 AM EDT
I note that some AK's seem to have these and some don't (WASR's).  There doesn't seem to be any negative consequences of not having them - most of the WASRs I have seen and shot seem to feed as reliably as the AK's that have them.  

Question:  Are these really necessary?  Do they have a positive effect on reliability?  Does the mag wobble I have noted in some WASR's matter?  

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Regards.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Something is needed. I think the WASRs have little plates spotwelded in instead.

ETA:

I think - but am not sure - that current production military AKs from Romania are the same way. I know the RPKs are.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#2]
no their not necessary if ya got plates of steel welded inside (like a wasr), but they do look good!..IMHO
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Saigas don't have the dimples either - do they?  Any opinions on if these matter?  

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Saigas don't have the dimples either - do they?  Any opinions on if these matter?  

A few were imported with military overrun receivers that have the dimples/Y stamps/various military details; I haven't seen many. Most don't have dimples but seem to work ok.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top