Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2007 7:43:11 AM EDT
i redid my mak 90 awhile back, with much help from members here. i used a 74 style faux folder from midwest armory. long story short it didn't come with a swivel, so after much searching i finally just contactedwww.midwestarmory.com/ and asked, i overlook the easy road sometimes. they let me know a standard uncle mikes swivel fits right in the hole, the threaded bolt and nut kind. i got it at wally world for $10 last night. i also picked up an elcheapo sling -express sling.
so my quandry now is after trying it out i realize the sling won't attach to my factory front sling attachment ring. so i begin fooling around with the idea of single point attacment. after five or six tries i got it where it hangs vertically muzzle down at my left side(i shoot lefty). it seems low but it is easy to bring up into ready position. the rig is sturdy enough and may turn out to do what i need of it.

could any single point owners or just someone with acess to pics of them in use please post them.
thanks,
2D2C
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone know a link with pics of swangin' single point rigs?
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if there's really a lot of interest in single-pointing an AK, however I can see the need for tactical applications. It just seems that most AK users go with two or three pointers, at least the ones I know.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Blackhawk ZM single point sling, attached to the forward sling swivel mount positon on my vltor stock.  This system works well, iam a lefty also and dont like 3 point slings for that reason.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Larry Vickers speaks very poorly of single point slings as you can read here.

I don't know enough about slings to really have an opinion, but when you read about Larry Vickers on his page, his opinion may become your opinion. LOL.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the link dangeriousninja. from what he says , and the single points i've discovered for sale, i didn't realise what a single point sling was i just got a loop off of my rear swivel. a simple over the shoulder rig. it is interesting about the muzzle contacting the ground while kneeling though. i will revisit this post when i can take pics of where i'm at.

2D2C
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
2 or 3 pointers didn't work for me because I'm a lefty, just seemed like they got in the way. I got a single point from Gear Sector, I love it. A little on the thin side(width-wise) but I don't carry it all the time so it's good for me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
i don't have a pic with the rear swivel installed. but there is a hole just rear of the receiver , in the polymer "faux folder",that accepts a standard uncle mikes rifle mount. it can be installed either right or left side. the quick detach swivel isn't wide enough to accept the romy sling in pic. the front sling attachment is standard ak.

Link Posted: 4/18/2007 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Easy way to attach the one point sling.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#11]
That's a good read and so true about single points. I still love a 3pt on my AR.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#12]

The single point gives me the most feedom of movement. And if your left handed then if you look close at the picture above, you will notice a small screw in place of where a swivel sling mount can go on the ACE folding adaptor.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top