Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2007 12:27:54 PM EDT
I searched for my answer, but I did not find exactly what I was looking for

I'm looking for my 1st AK. I can buy a NEW AK WASR with 1k of ammo for 503.00 shipped from AIM. I don't want a bad first AK experience, and I don't want an AK with canted sights or loose mag well, so I don't know if I should go this route..

The other two I'm considering from Atlantic FA are the Lancaster and Vector. They both sell for 499.99.

Which one would you feel is the better choice from your personal experience.  

The Lancaster is chromed lined, G2 fire control, and lifetime warranty (if that matters)
Vector uses original  AK parts set, five year warranty it doesn't have chrome lined barrel or G2.

What would you recommend I buy WASR from AIM or step up and buy the better AK from AFA

AKM 47RM Rifle, 762 x 39 semi auto,built by Lancater Consulting,these  are rock solid lineup of features

Armory USA or DCI/NDS  receiver, our choice
16 inch chrome lined barrel
Threaded barrel with slant brake
Bayonet lug
Tapco G2 fire control
Well finished wood furniture set
Parkerized base finish w/epoxy Gun-Kote
Rifle head spaced & test fired at factory
recoil buffer installed
1 - 30 round  mag
Comes with rifle case
Lifetime factory warranty

AKM 47RM  $499.00

Vector Arms ,AK V 47 , Classic ,762 x 39, semi auto rifle ,These unique  rifles start as original  AK parts set, they are Factory built on a new  USA receiver  .Bayonet Lug & Slant style muzzle brake in a pre ban style, parkerized finish , wood front stock sets .These rifles are a very close representation to the original AK rifle .If you are looking for a high quality original style AK that is affordable then  this is the rifle for you !!  Quality fit ,finish & construction, these will take high cap mags & all backed up by a five year factory warranty   by our friends at Vector Arms .100 % New in box, ships with one 30 round hi cap mag. Please note wood stock colors may vary.
 V-47C  $499.00
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the Vector.  I bought one after my WASR-10 and am so much happier with it!  BTW, Vector AK's DO come with a chrome lined barrel and Tapco G2 Fire Control Group.  Atlantic Arms, for whatever reason, just doesn't mention it in their product description.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully this will help Lancaster
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top