Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/22/2007 6:50:48 AM EDT
I have an Norinco NHM90 and the sight came from the factory with the post way to the right of center. Any secrets to getting it to drift back to center (where it needs to be). It does not seem to want to budge.

I need advice!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#2]
are you using a sight adjuster tool?

www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?id=1a7b1e9a-dec6-4eb0-90be-b1e29b62794b

if not then get one
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
my "field expedient" method is to have someone hold it on a socket (like rachet socket) which is setting on a large immovable object, takea big punch and hit it with a hammer.

P.S. get a sight adjustment tool, they are only $10
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Mak 90 that had a frozen front sight. Soaked it in penetrating oil, ended up using the socket and big c-clamp method to break it loose.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

if not then get one

I broke several of those Tapco adjusters. I finally made my own with a c-clamp and some sockets.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out Polytech's site. They've got a set of 2 sight adjs. that WORK. Dad has a set of 'em and they work like a charm. I can't beleive noone has said anything about them yet. No hassles, no bending and no hammer work. Check 'em out. Mad Max son of Madtechcool
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Check out Polytech's site. They've got a set of 2 sight adjs. that WORK. Dad has a set of 'em and they work like a charm. I can't beleive noone has said anything about them yet. No hassles, no bending and no hammer work. Check 'em out. Mad Max son of Madtechcool
That's what I use.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've had a set for years. Absolutely bullit proof.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
If you look at the front of the front sight base you will see a witness mark on the front sight base and front sight drum that should line up.

The sights were set at the factory and once set a staking tool was held on the front sight and hit with a hammer. This locked the front sight drum in place by displacing metal and bending the drum every so slightly. This is why you can't move the front sight drum as it takes quite a bit of force to get it to first move. To keep from leaving marks on the front sight drum use a brass punch or the most cost effective(cheap),field exspeident tool, a 3/16" steel punch with a fired 22LR case slipped over the end. Use a 2 or 3 pound hammer and whop the hell out of the punch. Once the drum makes that first move then all you will need is to tap the punch with the hammer to get it to move farther.
Remember the sights were set at the factory so if you move the drum to line up the witness marks it should be sighted in for windage. Then all that will be needed is to screw the front sight post in or out to set the elevation.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Good info.Thanks for the picture.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if not then get one

I broke several of those Tapco adjusters. I finally made my own with a c-clamp and some sockets.

I broke my Crapco tool the first time I used it. Total GARGAGE!
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I've got one new in a bag and it says lifetime guarantee on it.
Did you just throw yours away? Send it back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have an Norinco NHM90 and the sight came from the factory with the post way to the right of center. Any secrets to getting it to drift back to center (where it needs to be). It does not seem to want to budge.

I need advice!

Have you verified the sight is off by firing? Maybe that's the way it lined up.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top