Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2006 1:13:11 PM EDT
just considering options
Link Posted: 11/25/2006 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
i've allready tried 2 non yugo grips.

romanian bakelite--won't fit

bulgarian red/orange---- thats what i have on it right now, fits good

tapco saw---- i've seen a few with these grips, i think someone mentioned slight mod.

might just have to order and see, if noone has tried it yet.

the reason for changing the grip in the first place is that i shoot lefty and the thumb shelf on yugo grip is annoying.

does anyone know of alternate source for the galil style grip besides ace. their price is good but i want to order some other stuff too, and would like to order all from the same place.

thanx,
2D2C
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
well just an update

i got my ace grip yesterday, and as it comes it will not fit. a few minuites of deciding why and a few more of dremmeling and it mounts up solid.

the problem is that the yugo, "pistol grip nut" for lack of better term, is riveted to the receiver. my chinese rifles pgn just sits in hole. i had to dremmel for deeper pgn and to allow rivet heads clearance.

i am very pleased. although it seems the galil type grip is also desighned for right handed operators, it is not uncomfortable in my left hand.

it will be awhile before i can shoot it, but i'll post my opinions then. i will also try and get acess to camera for pix.

2D2C
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#3]
where did you order that grip from? i tried to order one from DSA (two months ago)and they told me it was no longer available. i got the ergo grip and it is nice but i still want the galil one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#4]
i got it from the ace website riflestocks.com

2D2C
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#5]

finally pics!

2D2C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top