Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2006 1:25:45 PM EDT
HI. Jus wundrin. I got a Arsenal 105 recently, i also have a mak and other AK's.
MY MAks gas tube is freakin TIGHT! sometimes gotta use pliers to get the release to turn and when its on the barrel there is ZIP movment, suffice to say its really on there and probably exerting Some ("little maybe?") pressure on the barrel itself. Then i have the SLR 105. It has a strange "trick" to it on attachment. It has a small round "spring" that exerts pressure so that the tube contacts the gas port BUT if you take your hand you can move the tube back and forth, almost acting like a Shock Absorber?? You know what im saying? SO basically when the MAK shoots the tube stays put, but when the SLR shoots the tube probably wobbles back and forth acting like a "free floating barrel device" since there is no real pressure on the barrel except that small spring. I know its probably hard to picture in your mind but these are two different setups for the AK and i was wondering if these have any effect on accuracy?? It would seem to me that if the SLR setup made it more accurate than ANY AK could be made more accurate if you installed the same device on them as well. Anybody know? Or what the reason for the different set up is? AK accurizers want to know!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top