Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/30/2006 3:34:41 PM EDT
link to pics and info on these 2 stolen SBR's

apparently, this was a Fed-Ex inside job. (these are not mine. i'm just spreading the word for the actual owner). thanks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I'm concerned, theft of a firearm by any employee of a common carrier should be punished by death...and nothing else.

CJ
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
What was the destination? Which states did tehy travel through? Do you have any tracking Info?

Have you called the carrier and informed them you will be contacting the ATF for an investigation?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a ATF item get lost fora  day and a half thru UPS. I called them and explain what was in the box. I told the lady, DO U WANT SOME ATF AGENTS SHUTTING U DOWN FOR A DAY? It showed up pretty quick like. The box was retaped.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I built an M70AB2 with 100% bluing, mirror original barrel on a blued DCI receiver for a friend of mine.  Not your standard CIA rifle.

I flew to Arizona for a vacation and to deliver it but it didn't show up at the counter with my flight.  I was furious and told the guy at the claims counter that they didn't lose your normal, run of the mill rifle.  I then asked him if someone was running around on the tarmak with my AK-47 (semi and legal mind you).  I told him that if someone was running around with my toiletries and underwear I could care less but this was something different.  My buddy cracked up with the vision of someone else running around in my underwear wheas I didn't laugh until later.  The guy at the counter started to sweat but couldn't come up with any answers.

I searched and found the TSA manager at the Phoenix airport who was of no help whatsoever, go figure.  When I got back to the counter, the guy said the person who was unloading the plane set the case on the side of the converyer belt and it was put back on the plane on it's way to Wisconsin.  The guy told me he would make sure it would be on the next plane back and he would have it delivered that night to my buddys house.  I decided to have him call me when it arrived and have him run out to curb which he did.  My friend of 28 years got his pristine rifle just a few hours late.

Even though I almost lost a rifle I spent many hours finding the parts kit for (Century returns), building etc..  It seems downright stupid to ship not only one but good SBR's and expect them to come back in good shape, or this case at all.  I build my own because I'm not willing to accept the consequences this guy has to deal with.  It's a bummer for him but everyone on this forum has heard of lost packages, broken stocks and barrells sticking out of the box.  I hope they were insured for his sake.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#5]
This is quote from Armalite's web page  

It is very important, if you are returning a firearm or parts via UPS, that you mark it as AL INC (instead of ArmaLite) due to a high number of firearms-related thefts in the UPS offices.

AL INC
745 S. Hanford St.
Geneseo, IL 61254

Did not thieves figure out by now that AL is Armalite?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top