Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/29/2006 6:05:16 PM EDT
Ok, it did adjust the elevation on the rear sight, but seemed to be either too much or not enough.

1) Does the front sight do any elevation adjustments at all?

2) Im seeing no windage adjustments at all. Is this a special tool front sight adjustment thingy???

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn it CavVet, fifteen thousand posts and you have to ask THIS???

Edit: And it's CIA.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Well 14,000 of them were as an AR junkie with one Norinco milled relegated to the back (literally) seat in the safe. Need help with the Black Rifle? I got you covered.

This one kinda jumped in my lap, compounded with my recent interest in the dark side.

I have no clue about an AK, except this one feeds and functions well, nice heavy well built feel, and looks totally bad ass....

Technical stuff I need help. And I know just where to come to.

CIA. So noted.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, it is truly CAI--Century Arms International. You need to get the C-clamp type front sight tool. If you look inside the front sight assembly in your pic, the darker circular area can be drifted for windage (relatively simple task with the proper tools), and the elevation can be done with a different part of the same tool (or a separate piece if you want to buy it). The decent C-clamps run about $12-15 (I think), and you can get an elevation only from Tapco for about $6.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Actually, it is truly CAI--Century Arms International.

You guys.....

You need to get the C-clamp type front sight tool. If you look inside the front sight assembly in your pic, the darker circular area can be drifted for windage (relatively simple task with the proper tools), and the elevation can be done with a different part of the same tool (or a separate piece if you want to buy it). The decent C-clamps run about $12-15 (I think), and you can get an elevation only from Tapco for about $6.

Ok, thanks. As always, I will get both
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well 14,000 of them were as an AR junkie with one Norinco milled relegated to the back (literally) seat in the safe. Need help with the Black Rifle? I got you covered.

This one kinda jumped in my lap, compounded with my recent interest in the dark side.

I have no clue about an AK, except this one feeds and functions well, nice heavy well built feel, and looks totally bad ass....

Technical stuff I need help. And I know just where to come to.

CIA. So noted.

Sorry CavVet ... I'd been drinkin'.

That said, Dar48 is full of shit oops, MISTAKEN, about the name. I'm baffled as to where he and others get their information.

Clicky the linky, Dar .... www.centuryarms.com/Century/home.htm

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:56:03 AM EDT
[#6]
dixiedawg--You and I are both correct. The website says Century International Arms. Do you own anything build/imported by Century? If so, check on the import stamp where Century put its information. I just checked 3 of my more recent purchases--a Rommy PSL, a CZ-52, and a Nagant 1895 revolver. Every one of them had the importer information abbreviated as "CAI." Whether they choose to change that is their choice, but I'm not just blowing smoke.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:42:06 AM EDT
[#7]
You can use 2 sockets and a c-clamp.  the elevation is adjusted by srcewing the front sight post up and down.

Frankly, the $6 windage clamp suck and are a waste of money.  If you want a good one, by a B-west clamp.  I think it's b-west.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
dixiedawg--You and I are both correct. The website says Century International Arms. Do you own anything build/imported by Century? If so, check on the import stamp where Century put its information. I just checked 3 of my more recent purchases--a Rommy PSL, a CZ-52, and a Nagant 1895 revolver. Every one of them had the importer information abbreviated as "CAI." Whether they choose to change that is their choice, but I'm not just blowing smoke.

Hmm, interesting. I have two M70AB2's just like CavVet's, they don't have the "CAI" mark you're referring to. Obviously, I believe you about your three Century imports ... maybe they did change their name?

But at this point I'm hijacking.

CavVet, I have the Tapco W&E tool; it's very solid and I recommend it highly. One of my sights was frozen like a mofo - I beat the piss out of it and bent two c clamps trying to adjust it - but the lil Tapco doodad made short work of it.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I just went through this exact same exercise with my CAI WASR-10.

I got one of these (except I got a Chinese knock-off from a gun show):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/dmcantrell/toys/show_image.jpg

This tool adjusts both windage and elevation of the front sight.  The slot in the screw handle fits over the sight post and screws it in or out for elevation.

It seems that the front sight post assembly may be pretty tight.  I had to "break" it loose using my bench vise and a couple sockets.  Once it broke loose it moved with little effort using the little tool.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/dmcantrell/toys/show_image.jpg

Thanks for the picture, you saved me some cash.

I have one of those exact thingys in my unknown gun junk #2 big box. Have zero clue where the hell it came from, had no clue wtf it was.

Now at least I know what it is, and can use it!

Thanks!!!!

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:33:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Soak the FSB with some break free before you start. Some sight blocks are frozen.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top