Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 4:55:26 PM EDT
i'm trying to keep the cost down, previously i've gone the bulgy front end from k-var ($350-ish) add labor route, pretty soon the cost of the project is getting up there. i've got an ak-104 and an ak-105 (listed in the ee) but now i want an ak-102. here's my question, do i have to buy the k-var bulgy ak-102 front end or can i just buy the gas block/front sight somewhere, flash hider from chris butler and have chris cut down the apparently excellent steyr barrel to the appropriate ak-102 length?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  If you can get ahold of the FSB/gasblock combo thing, then you can have it installed and cut the barrel down (NFA laws apply, of course).
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:48:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
can i just buy the gas block/front sight somewhere, flash hider from chris butler and have chris cut down the apparently excellent steyr barrel to the appropriate ak-102 length?

That's what I did when I SBR'ed my SLR-105R into an AK-105. I had a different 'smith do the work, but the idea is the same. Worked out just fine!

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
can i just buy the gas block/front sight somewhere, flash hider from chris butler and have chris cut down the apparently excellent steyr barrel to the appropriate ak-102 length?

That's what I did when I SBR'ed my SLR-105R into an AK-105. I had a different 'smith do the work, but the idea is the same. Worked out just fine!

Chris has done that very thing on an AK-105 and -104.  Works great!

Spooky
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#4]
So, where to get the gas/slight block for the 102?  Any ideas?  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

K-VAR, p/n AK-142B when in stock...

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you sir.

Quoted:

Quoted:

K-VAR, p/n AK-142B when in stock...

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top