Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/23/2006 10:53:43 AM EDT
I'm considering buying my first AK.  Is the Yugo M70AB2 Sporter underfolder from Century Arms a good choice?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
for just a few more bucks you can get a vector arms polish kit on a Armory USA reciever......I dont buy anything that has century arms stamped on it....and Vector is quality stuff with great customer service
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a G3 and FAL clone from Century and they run great, but Century products can be hit or miss. I agree that a Vector underfolder would be a better gun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's your first AK, I wouldn't recommend an underfolder.  I'd get a Vector Classic with fixed stock.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm considering buying my first AK.  Is the Yugo M70AB2 Sporter underfolder from Century Arms a good choice?

If you want a ten pound assault rifle it's a great choice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
If you get a Vector, I don't think you'll be disappointed.  Get an underfolder (UF) if that is what you want.  I have a Vector UF and fixed.  I prefer the UF.  There is always time for a fixed stock later.  Both are great rifles.  

With that being said, I do not own a Yugo or any Century Arms AK style rifles.  Therefore, I can comment on them.

My $0.02.

SM
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
General concensus is that underfolders while they look cool are not comfortable to shoot. Get something with a fixed or sidefolding, much better cheek weld.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Underfolder = Trunk Gun

Fixed Stock = Shooter

IMHO

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Yugo's also being non-chrome lined. C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top