Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 8:32:54 AM EDT
As a lefty I don't like the slant break on my underfolder.  I pushes the barrel to fare left and away from me.    Has anyone cut another notch in the slant break and installed it so that it only pushed the barrel down instead of down and to the left?

Any suggestions for a different muzzle devices for an underfolder?  

What threads are on the Yugo M-70 underfolders?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I would suggest doing just what youi stated.  File the rear of the brake until you can rotate it to the point where you need it placed.  Replacements are cheap. Here is a link to a plain muzzle nut.
http://www.polytechparts.com/
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Threads on a Yugo M70 are 14x1 LH same as most 7.62 Ak's. I have a variety of muzzle devices that you may be interested in.
www.MidwestArmory.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I ordered a slant break to experiment with and the A-2 if that doesn't work.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
JimBeam,

I'd try an RPK style brake/flash hider.  I think you'll like it.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Bachelor_of_Science, where did you get that RPK hider?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are asking me, the link in the dukes message.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#7]
It could be a Global Trades creation or a drilled out Romanian RPK hider. I have the latter on my UF and it works great.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bachelor_of_Science, where did you get that RPK hider?

It's not mine.  I just got the pic off of www.aa-ok.com.  They've got some nice stuff there and much of it is US made.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#9]
You might want to try a 74 brake made for the 7.62.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top