Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/17/2006 9:48:16 AM EDT
I'm trying to replace the FCG and having a heck of a time removing the selector lever.  I read the tutorial in the troucleshooting thread, but the problem is that the tab on the selector will not clear the disconnector even when pulling the trigger all the way to the rear?  Seems like everything stops here until I figure this out.   Also, the Shepards hook is connected to the selector arm shaft that goes thru the receiver at the side opposite the ejection port.  It then goes over the hammer pin and under the hammer pin.  Should I just try to tap out the trigger pin first so it will release the clearance issue between the disconnector and selector tab?
Sorry for the long descrition of the problem, but I'm tring to install a new G2 FCG and have run into a road block.  What am I missing?  Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Use a small screwdriver or dental pick and lift the retainer wire off the trigger pin. Its quite flexible. Then slide the pin out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Use a small screwdriver or dental pick and lift the retainer wire off the trigger pin. Its quite flexible. Then slide the pin out.

+1  i had the same problem as you w/my 90.  i did the above and all is well.  very easy.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#3]
So...can I just leave the selector in place whike I replace the FCG or would removing it after the trigger/disconnector assembly make it easier?   Thanks for the advice!  
Edit:  Sorry....stupid question.  Of course because the shepards hook is attached to the selector on this MAK 90.  Thanks again  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]
you can take it off if you like because after you put in the G2 you wont have any clearance problem any longer.  the selector will clear the new hammer/disconnector in the G2.

actually i suggest you do so to make it easier.  remove it that is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the advice...getting her 922 compliant.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top