BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/16/2006 5:37:26 PM EDT
www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=344404

That's one hell of a mark up!

CHAnNEPCKnE - SNIPER
RUSSIAN 7.62x54r 7N1 SVD military. 1997 production.

Very rare, limited quantity.

440rd tin / $75
880rd case / $150

In stock, shipping now.

update

Streettrends found this over on goonsnet

[QUOTE=Ted W]DANS AMMO is selling it right now www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp

RUSSIAN 7.62x54r 7N1 880rd $150.00

:mouse I just ordered 10 cases discount on any order over 4 cases and even more if shipped to a commercial business address

Got the scoop poop , this stuff came in from Hungarian Armories and the Russians are screaming they wanted it all back :ywoot
if you click on the link in his web-site it takes you to the pics of the craates and ammo , Its the real deal

:jumping: :happydanc

[QUOTE=Ted W]Hey Saleen , this is it, once this stuff is gone from main sellers thats it, no more will imported,And you know what price 7N1 ammo was costing if you could find it . The Russkies were screaming that this ammo came here.
So drink from the fountain while you can , cause once the fountain is dry, those SVD's and Tiger's will be mighty thirsty. :naughty:

And it will be a high price to quench their thirsty barrels again :cigarsmkg
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
No worries. Most here know what it is "worth" i.e. supply and demand........

as long as Dansammo has it in stock that is......
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I know but outright fraud should not be allowed here. True the price is in the eye of the beholder, but damn... Even I go out an research what the current prices are on items/guns before I sell one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I made him a trade offer...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I made him a trade offer...

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Streettrends found this over on goonsnet

[QUOTE=Ted W]DANS AMMO is selling it right now www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp

RUSSIAN 7.62x54r 7N1 880rd  $150.00

:mouse  I just ordered 10 cases discount on any order over 4 cases and even more if shipped to a commercial business address

Got the scoop poop , this stuff came in from Hungarian Armories and the Russians are screaming  they wanted it all back  :ywoot
if you click on the link in his web-site it takes you to the pics of the craates and ammo , Its the real deal

:jumping:  :happydanc

[QUOTE=Ted W]Hey Saleen , this is it, once this stuff is gone from main sellers thats it, no more will imported,And you know what price 7N1 ammo was costing if you could find it . The Russkies were screaming that this ammo came here.
So drink from the fountain while you can , cause once the fountain is dry, those SVD's and Tiger's will be mighty thirsty.   :naughty:

And it will be a high price to quench their thirsty barrels  again  :cigarsmkg

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys crack me up
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Wherever the ammo came from, the deal with the US importer has probably been in the works for 6 months, maybe even a year..... If there were any problems with it, then they would have worked themselves out way before the ammo arrived to the US.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#10]
updated
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#11]
What a crackpot.  Making a little money is fine, but gouging the shit out of boardmembers is just wrong...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#12]
It really pisses me off that the moderators on this board encourage this fraud by silencing any comment in a for sale thread that tries to inform an uninformed person.  It seems like ar15.com is all about the money and not about getting information to people.  While most will be informed that this is a complete ripoff, there are a lot of gullible people out there might fall for an obvious con like this.  Makes you totally understand why the AK section broke off and formed their own site which prides themselves on not being all about the money.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#13]
This is the land of not quite right
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It really pisses me off that the moderators on this board encourage this fraud by silencing any comment in a for sale thread that tries to inform an uninformed person.  It seems like ar15.com is all about the money and not about getting information to people.  While most will be informed that this is a complete ripoff, there are a lot of gullible people out there might fall for an obvious con like this.  Makes you totally understand why the AK section broke off and formed their own site which prides themselves on not being all about the money.

Man, isnt that the truth.  

Make one comment about somebody gouging  and get your pee-pee smacked, usually followed by a locked account.  

In fairness though I believe there is something  on cc about busting on people for attempting to gouge on EE I think it should be ammended, but then again who am I?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If you're dumb enough to pay $1000 a case for ammo without so much as asking here what people think, or looking around to try and guage the price, then you deserve to get ripped off.

A lot of the stuff on the EE is way over priced. People often list stuff for more then what k-var asks, and k-var aint cheap. You either know what things are worth and filter out the BS, or you take your chances and possibly over pay.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you're dumb enough to pay $1000 a case for ammo without so much as asking here what people think, or looking around to try and guage the price, then you deserve to get ripped off.

A lot of the stuff on the EE is way over priced. People often list stuff for more then what k-var asks, and k-var aint cheap. You either know what things are worth and filter out the BS, or you take your chances and possibly over pay.

I completely agree with clange, its up to the potential buyer/trader to know whats what with the item he/she wants.  If a person hops on looking for a SVD without so much as researching the average price, and then ends up paying $12,000 for it, then that person is a moron and gets what they get.

Sounds cruel, but if your going to wander through this life being ignorant, then dont cry when you get screwed over.

On the EE it seems half of the people dont understand what "used" means when it comes to price, nor do they look at the going rate on the commercial market for what theyre selling or trading.  SO they ask for more then its really worth.  I posted up my slightly used WASR-10 with new K-Var upper & lower handguard, and 3 magazines (1 new, 2 used) for $250 FTF or for $300 shipped FedEx Overnight (the only service I use).  
Ive seen people try to sell used WASR-10's that lacked any extras for $400.  Thats about $100 over the average market value of a new WASR.

Unfortunately people like that will always be in business because there is always someone willing to pay their price.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sounds cruel, but if your going to wander through this life being ignorant, then dont cry when you get screwed over.

Unfortunately people like that will always be in business because there is always someone willing to pay their price.

Yup, because people "deserve" to get ripped and keep these guys in business.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I've noticed that you can pretty much associate the word 'Dragunov' with anything and triple its price.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#19]
ok...

First off.

The current importation of 7n1 ammo is dated 1997
The ammo Ted is selling is 1990 ammo.
When it was imported, it did cost ALOT more then the current importation.
This is NOT the same ammo that Dan is currently selling. Dan is selling 1997 dated ammo.

Second,
For someone that is collecting ammo, the 1990 is rare and very hard to find.
There are some differences between the 1990 ammo and the 1997 ammo.
Minor differences, but differenes still the same.

It doesn't matter...
Most people will never know the differences, and that is the norm.

Just like people don't know the difference between Romy Laminated wood, Polish laminated wood, and Russian laminated wood...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, because people "deserve" to get ripped and keep these guys in business.

No one "deserves" to get ripped off. If someone willingly pays an inflated price, that is their business. Some people pay MSRP for new cars. Are you going to save them, too?

Judging by your join date, you probably weren't here when the rules about stomping on for sale posts were created due to people bitching and moaning about prices and flame wars continually erupting in the EE forums.

The whining about AR15.com being about money is just ridiculous. This very thread discussing the price would seem to disprove that silly notion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
ok...

First off.

The current importation of 7n1 ammo is dated 1997
The ammo Ted is selling is 1990 ammo.
When it was imported, it did cost ALOT more then the current importation.
This is NOT the same ammo that Dan is currently selling. Dan is selling 1997 dated ammo.

Second,
For someone that is collecting ammo, the 1990 is rare and very hard to find.
There are some differences between the 1990 ammo and the 1997 ammo.
Minor differences, but differenes still the same.

It doesn't matter...
Most people will never know the differences, and that is the norm.

Just like people don't know the difference between Romy Laminated wood, Polish laminated wood, and Russian laminated wood...

Edited...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't know the post police was around.
I have some other posts that might need editing.
Most of the ones when my 2yo is sitting on my lap helping me type.....

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The rule about no stomping on EE ads makes sense for all, and there has never been a problem here with price check posts in the main forum.

The massive traffic of this site costs money (bandwidth and server racks), the majority AR side has a formula that generally works for them. If the lower volume AK guys want to try another place and see if it works for the long haul, then I embrace their opportunity to pull it off. I even knew that MAK had regular posts on other forums when I made him Troubleshooting Mod here; it's about the gun, not the board.

Well stated RS.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys I got $2000 back on my tax return and was thinking about buying a case of Russian 7N1- do you think that's to much?

They busted my balls over it that's for sure- tried to warn people though even posted links to Dan's Ammo and Aim Surplus who have the same stuff.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#26]
What happened to the add?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Did common sense finally prevail?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top