Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:24:19 PM EDT
Certain AKs are currently legal in Cali. In order to sell all you need to do is unscrew the pistol grip and send it unattached to the rifle. If your AK has a flashider you also need to remove that. Simple. You can make your sale and you can help us here in Cali enjoy the excitement of an AK.

Go to and post it for sale.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

If it's not on this list it's legal.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Can we sell you one at a 500% mark up?  Man, I remember long ago when I lived in CA (back in the 80's ), there weren't any these BS laws in CA.  Guess you can thank former Republican Governor George Deukmejian for signing that law into effect.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:09:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.... So my Maadi RML just appreciated in value a couple million percent because it is "California legal."  I don't know if I want to part with it, but who knows.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
tag to check my FEG

SRM
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Kinda like selling your horse to a dog food company....

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I posted my RPK over there...I may be a sellout, but I need a BMG...
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Let us know if the BATF comes knocking.....will stay tuned.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't think the BATF enforces CA state law, do they?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#10]
They do not.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They do not.

Didn't think so.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think the BATF enforces CA state law, do they?

Even the ATF has no respect for Kali.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#13]
So is a SAR1 considered verboten in CA?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#14]
While I sympathize with our Brothers in Cali , this is just not a Good Idea.

Read the Following..........

NEW INFO from CA. DOJ -2006

ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ar15notice.pdf
---------------
Current CA Assault Weapon List (Third Edition 2001)

ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf
--------------
EVEN THOUGH you might Comply with All Federal Laws , CA. is one of those STATES
that LIKES to Cause people TROUBLE , and doesn't care where they live.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Trainwreck in progress.

+1

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
While I sympathize with our Brothers in Cali , this is just not a Good Idea.

Read the Following..........

NEW INFO from CA. DOJ -2006

ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ar15notice.pdf
---------------
Current CA Assault Weapon List (Third Edition 2001)

ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf
--------------
EVEN THOUGH you might Comply with All Federal Laws , CA. is one of those STATES
that LIKES to Cause people TROUBLE , and doesn't care where they live.

It's been determined that the letter is not law but just a memo (threat).  There have been many many AK's and AR's newly imported into CA with no repurcussions.

It's been determined by whom?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#19]
No matter how hard the DOJ want's that memo to be true, it won't be.  The DOJ is trying to make their own laws, per the statements in the memo.  This will never happen, the DOJ only enforces the laws... and updates the list of banned guns.  If they want a Categoy 4 AW, then they have to go through legislation and get it approved.  But, the time for new legislation in California has closed for this year.  And, it's an election year.  Seems Bill Lockyer is gonna have to list these, and eat his words from the memo.  

Heck, if you read the memo, you see how retarded it is.  It had to have been written by an intern, or a 9th grader.

--------

But beyond that... please, don't sell us your AK's or AR's.  We don't need to be gouged just for the state we live in.  I'm sure 99% of us are fine with buying the receivers and building our own AK's.  Why would anyone pay $600+ for an AK when you can build it for half that?      

Remember, we love guns just as much as you do...  Were all the same.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It's a memo with no enforcable regulation or code in state law.  Nothing else.  The fact of it's existence changes nothing.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#22]
So,what do you think a SAR1 would be worth in Cali?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Dang, so I can't buy a bunch of WASR-10's and sell them for triple their value?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Lawyers much more in tune with CA weapons law than you are. Not to mention a memo is not law, nor enforceable as such. The DOJ does not create statutory law, they just enforce. If they did what they're suggesting in the memo, they'll be going way beyond their authority and it would be struck down in court.

It's not as simple as removing just the pistol grip (unless it has a brake and fixed stock) but it's pretty easy to skirt this bad law.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lawyers much more in tune with CA weapons law than you are. Not to mention a memo is not law, nor enforceable as such. The DOJ does not create statutory law, they just enforce. If they did what they're suggesting in the memo, they'll be going way beyond their authority and it would be struck down in court.

It's not as simple as removing just the pistol grip (unless it has a brake and fixed stock) but it's pretty easy to skirt this bad law.

Just asked a simple question.  There's no need to be condescending. I for one could care less what you people in CA can own or not.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not too familure with the laws in CA, but can you bring in a kit made AK, say a romanian G on a DCI receiver? And what kind of mags can you have, nothing more than 5 or 10?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm not too familure with the laws in CA, but can you bring in a kit made AK, say a romanian G on a DCI receiver? And what kind of mags can you have, nothing more than 5 or 10?

Kits are OK, as long as the RECEIVER is not banned by name (DCI is OK), and you don't build it up in a way that is illegal under CA AW laws.

You can have any size magazine you want, as long as you had them before the 2000 magazine ban went into place. All newly purchased magazines must be 10rd or less.

If you are going to fix the magazine into the gun, it must be a 10rd magazine.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#29]
So it looks like offering one of my MAK-90s for sale won't help you guys, correct?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Just asked a simple question.  There's no need to be condescending. I for one could care less what you people in CA can own or not.  

Then why are you even posting in this thread?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did care up until the point that it became apparent that people in California probably deserve what they get if they're that arrogant and too stupid to remain in that state.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just asked a simple question. There's no need to be condescending. I for one could care less what you people in CA can own or not.  

I did care up until the point that it became apparent that people in California probably deserve what they get if they're that arrogant and too stupid to remain in that state.  

Yea, you're one to talk about being condescending, for sure. Now you'll say something about a CoC violation to top off the hypocracy..
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Can't we all just get along? It's cool that there are folks from all over that are interested in this sport.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just asked a simple question. There's no need to be condescending. I for one could care less what you people in CA can own or not.  

Yea, you're one to talk about being condescending, for sure. Now you'll say something about a CoC violation to top off the hypocracy..

I really think you should go back a little further and read my original one sentence question and then look at your response to that question.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Have you guys ever thought about hiring some lawyers to sue the state based on the fact that they are infringing on the constitution? I think you might have a case.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Cali will find a jury to convict you even though you didn't violate the letter of the law.  You'll spend thousand of dollars on your legal defense and eventually overturn the conviction.  In the process, you might be lucky enough to pave the way for gun owners to buy fun toys (until the law is ammended.)  In the meantime, your ass will have been reamed by the biggest guy on the cell block.

This is why I moved out of that hell hole.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Have you guys ever thought about hiring some lawyers to sue the state based on the fact that they are infringing on the constitution? I think you might have a case.

There's a guy up there who's been suing them over their CCW hide-the-sausage games for years now.  He's spent over $100k doing so.  I applaud the man.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top