BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:20:38 PM EDT
My drum won't fit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both a Yugo UF and a Chinese Drum. Mine are good to go.

What seems to be the problem with your`s?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Fit just fine on mine as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]
ehh... just save youself the trouble of fitting it in and sell me the Yugo
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#4]
the support rivit through the reciever hits the mag body.  Looks like it is just to far foward.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem with a global ssr-56. I eventually sold the rifle because only certain mags fit. Thats a bummer the chicom drum doesn't fit. Does all your other mags fit in it? If so at least you can feed it with conventional mags.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I encountered the same problem with a Chinese drum and a Chinese AK, so it isn't necessarily the fault of whoever built the rifle. Loose tolerances are the strength of many Soviet designs, but it can also be a flaw. Filing on the cross bar support rivet or on the back of the magazine worked for me. I can't remember which one I filed- it was in 2003. I had no idea if the AWB would expire at the time, so I dreaded the prospect of 'hacking away' at either component.

Galland
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
You have to remove the drum to fold/unfold it....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#8]
All my other mags work great i have romanian, chinese, & yugo mags.

I think i go to town on the rivit to clearence it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I encountered the same problem with a Chinese drum and a Chinese AK, so it isn't necessarily the fault of whoever built the rifle. Loose tolerances are the strength of many Soviet designs, but it can also be a flaw. Filing on the cross bar support rivet or on the back of the magazine worked for me. I can't remember which one I filed- it was in 2003. I had no idea if the AWB would expire at the time, so I dreaded the prospect of 'hacking away' at either component.

Galland

Had the same problem, filed on the drum (100 rd) to get it to fit.

Also current having a little problem with a 75 rd Chinese drum, it doesn't always feed in my AMD65, looks like will have adjust the AK were it feeds.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top