Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:05:34 PM EDT
Took a trip to the range today.

Average of 3 five shot groups at 100 yards. Silver Bear 5.45. Bulgarian kit on Armory 1.6 receiver: 2.31"

Average of 3 five shot groups with teflon tape added to the brake to elliminate wobble: 2.03"

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I am now taking bets on how long before we see a thread from this guy titled "I glued my muzzle brake to my with melted teflon tape, help!"
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I am curious as to the group size without any brake.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am curious as to the group size without any brake.

Ditto.  I'd also like to know the effect of the brake on percieved recoil, muzzle rise, and volume while we're at it
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure I'll get on that right away.

I'd like to also add that in my opinion, SB ammo is not as good as the lacquer coated stuff. When unchambering rounds for trips down range, I had to use my boot. Didn't have any FTE's though.

Quoted:
I am now taking bets on how long before we see a thread from this guy titled "I glued my muzzle brake to my barrel with melted teflon tape, help!"

Haha, I'd never admit that happened.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top