Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:51:03 AM EDT
Well? Arsenal or someone could produce 100 round drums and sell as many as they produced as long as the price was reasonable.

Couldn't a company take and remake a 100 round drum to hold lets say 250 rounds? I know it would be heavy as hell, but fun as hell for them bump firin' sessions.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
There are a couple companies making mags the two that I can think of are national mags & promags. National makes a 50 rounder that is a complete pos promag makes 30 round bulgarian copies that I have heard mixed reviews about. People dont really need US made mags when you can get surplus ones for $5 as far as drums its still easy to fin 75 round romanian ones for $80 which is a lot cheaper than a US made copy would sell for.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Besides that...nobody here in the US seems to be able to make a decent hicap mag for a combloc rifle...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#3]
probably because every other 8 years they will become illegal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#4]
"How come no US company is manufacturing large capacity AK magazines?"

ProMag is... and the best answer to the question lies in the resulting product.... I wouldn't take one for free.  Saddly, these are not serious "your life depends on it" products - they tend to turn out as toys, cheaply made, designed for low cost/maximum profit.

Yes, I know.... I'm about to get baked :)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Besides that...nobody here in the US seems to be able to make a decent hicap mag for a combloc rifle...

Yes, exactly.
I'd like to know how come a 3 year old girl in China can build AK mags that run 100%, yet our high payed union workers can't????????????
We were first to put a man on the moon, build the H bom, ect.......
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Better question...

Why doesn't someone make a US SKS 10 round fixed magazine copy of the original?

They'd sell like hotcakes.  There's the easy US parts right there.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top