BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:25:31 PM EDT
I am curious as to what the most accurate Ak is on the market. This Ak is going to be making an appearance in Iraq for defense contract work because the M-4's are a wee bit unreliable over there, so I was hoping to get some info about an AK with AR/M4 accuracy or something close. Thanks guys I really appreciate this...by the way this is not for myself (not lucky enough to be going there) it is for my uncle who has been told that if he brings his m4 there it will need cleaning 3-5 times per day because the dust there is more like clay (sticks to everything) than sand. Again I thank and so does my uncle, anyone who responds to this post!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive heard very good reports with the hungarian Ak's not sure if they are the most accurate though but probably near the top.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The Arsenal SA M-5 is the most accurate AK you'll find, under 2 MOA at 100 yards out of the box with iron sights ...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am curious as to what the most accurate Ak is on the market. This Ak is going to be making an appearance in Iraq for defense contract work because the M-4's are a wee bit unreliable over there, so I was hoping to get some info about an AK with AR/M4 accuracy or something close. Thanks guys I really appreciate this...by the way this is not for myself (not lucky enough to be going there) it is for my uncle who has been told that if he brings his m4 there it will need cleaning 3-5 times per day because the dust there is more like clay (sticks to everything) than sand. Again I thank and so does my uncle, anyone who responds to this post!!!

Wrong.  Everyone that can get an M4 is getting one.  AK's are used by the fly by night companies that are quickly going under and losing their contracts.  Think Custer Battles.  There also significant legal reasons that Colts rifles are more popular.  The SIG 552 is a player as well.

Furthermore, AK use is limited to what can be found in country.  If you are being issued a rifle from the US it will be a Bushmaster, Colt or maybe an RRA (or at least the upper).

I haven't been there, but I know people who have.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
the sand over there is the consistancy of talcum powder sometimes. it will permeate everything. if he really wants an AK he can aquire one after he gets there but i dont think thats wise. i dont know your race but to me a fair skinned guy with an AK just screams "balkan advisor" and my trigger finger starts twitching. i think the M4 is a better choice but thats been beaten to death.

to answer your question, my Mak-90 is the most accurate AK ive ever seen. at the local WMA 75yd range it will shoot 1inch rested. no im serious....stop laughing. it outshoots my hungarian. my SAR and my buddies arsenal.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
by the way this is not for myself (not lucky enough to be going there)

Its always been my dream to be shot at and maybe killed too...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#6]

as for the most accurate "AK" it would probably be the PSL I would guess. I don't know much about the Zastava 8mm rifles, they may be more accurate since they have a milled receiver, but I'm not sure if the gas system is kalashnikov or more like the SVD.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

and yet you seem to know so much...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]

This Ak is going to be making an appearance in Iraq for defense contract work because the M-4's are a wee bit unreliable over there,

Sorry, your Uncle will NOT be allowed to bring any firearms with him into the box.   If he will be a security contractor, he could bring his own AR upper though and just swap bolts, etc...  If he is any other type of contractor he will likely not have anything but a pistol if he is even armed.  If he is not authorized a weapon and does have a weapon card, do not carry one!  Or else he will find himself returning home sooner than expected.

The M-4's work fine as long as you clean them.  I've seen some pretty piss poor weapon maintenance over there....by soldiers mostly!   Those are the first ones to complain about weapon problems.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have an ear to the ground.  As opposed to an ear to a manure heap.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have an ear to the ground.  As opposed to an ear to a manure heap.

Or you heard at your college kegger....

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Stottman, maybe if I went to keggers I'd have a social life.  As it is, I prefer the company of broke down old airborne troopers and civilian contractors.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:29:06 AM EDT
[#12]
you cant have much of a life cranking out 100 worthless posts a day. but you might have enough spare time to hang out with some people who have actually done something so you can come back and regurgitate their knowledge with an aire of authority. classic wannabe.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:48:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Vepr.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Arsenal or VEPR.  Problem is, most 7.62 rifles are limited by the crappy ammo they get fed.  Get a 5.56 AK and WONDEROUS things happen...when fed good 5.56 ammo.  

I'm staying out of the argument over whether or not this is advisable, or even allowable.  But I am surprised by ANY contractor company that requires its contractors to arm themselves with civilian owned (US legal) weapons.  

Regarding "Its always been my dream to be shot at and maybe killed too..." by Kabar3-

Some of us yearn for a righteous fight.  We run TO the sound of gunfire.  The idea is pure dread to others, and I wouldn't expect anyone to understand.  It's not like it's "fun", but it's a feeling in the pit of your stomach that if ANYONE is in need, we want to be there.  I think the quote from Blackhawk Down is: "I'm not in a hurry to die, just to make a difference." (BTW- I wear a firearm for a living.)
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
you cant have much of a life cranking out 100 worthless posts a day. but you might have enough spare time to hang out with some people who have actually done something so you can come back and regurgitate their knowledge with an aire of authority. classic wannabe.

I make 15 posts per day.  

If any of what I said is incorrect, I'll eat a steaming plate of crow.

If not, please correct me.  It's that simple.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Vepr
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well kabar3 I guess some of us would rather take the fight to their doorstep rather than post on the internet all day and wait for them to come a knockin at mine, but that is just me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well kabar3 I guess some of us would rather take the fight to their doorstep rather than post on the internet all day and wait for them to come a knockin at mine, but that is just me.

me too!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]
i dont track your inconsistancies. but i do know on at least 3 or 4 occasions i have had to correct you because you made an authoratative statement that was glaringly incorrect. the one that sticks out in my mind is when you informed everyone that the Marine Corps has few M14s and no one that knows who to work on them. thats just retarded. the fact is you are getting known as a know-it-all poser and i didnt give you that reputation...you earned it.

"combat jack" huh....well you know nothing of combat and for all i know you might not even be named "jack"
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]
SAM-5S, Vortex FH, deep thermal cycling, trigger work and handloads = 1.5 MOA @ 100M.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#22]
He was asking about an ak plain and simple. Answer his question or not. Alot of it depends on the shooter. I'd get whatever I could get that was in decent shape.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#23]
My NHM-91 (longer, heavier bbl) was always surprisingly accurate (to me) at 100 yards (never tried it further), but I'm sure the recent one-offs and custom builds could put it to shame...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#24]
wow, whole lotta web-combat going on in this thread...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Beautiful posts guys....I am just gonna leave him alone.......Well, maybe not...Hey CombatJack, what about the time you said that bayo on the AK was upside down??? Was that true?? But what do I know? I am just a Marine corps combat veteran who is actually old enough to buy pistols and beer...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Beautiful posts guys....I am just gonna leave him alone.......Well, maybe not...Hey CombatJack, what about the time you said that bayo on the AK was upside down??? Was that true?? But what do I know? I am just a Marine corps combat veteran who is actually old enough to buy pistols and beer...

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

me too!

Oh brother... Lets not even get into the politics of the Iraqi war.  I don't know if you noticed but I have less then 100 posts in over a year. I don't go on this website especially because there are a lot of people here who just like to "talk" and are full of crap.

Just curious those who are wanting to go to Iraq so bad why don't you join the Army or Marines? Or are you in already in the Army/Marines and haven't been shipped over there yet?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow, this is getting ugly.

Here is what I saw downrange in Iraq. Some soldiers carried AKs for whatever reason. Most carry(ied) some permutation of the M16/M4. I tried to get my hands on an underfolder AK (I prefer it to an M16 series personally)-It would have been more for me as a TC in a M113 as a "get off me gun" to use than trying to get to my M16A4/SPR. I had the option of carrying an M4 and I politely declined (well, after I finished laughing). Not my cup of tea not as reliable or lethal from what I have seen or heard. Not bad as long as you keep them clean but I had seen enough M4s have problems to not want one. Some people swear by them though. Somebody in one of the upper posts hit the nail on the head about it, saying to the effect that; operator maintenance/cleaning was not being performed often enough.

Somebody might pipe in and say as a TC aren't you supposed to have a handgun? Well I guess we were supposed to but after the supply Sgt, some maintenance personnel and a few others got the pistols there were none left for TC's or Machinegunners and an apathetic command doesn't do much for you there either. I would guess more guys would carry AKs but some units (mine included) stick very closely to the provisions of General Order 1A which forbids the use of foreign/captured weapons by US military personnel (I think it is still in effect down range).

In Afganistan my AMD-65 saved our vehicle from being bum rushed and a bunch of us from possiblly being killed. there were M4s and M16's in the Toyota land cruiser with us but people could not get to them fast enough because of body armor and tight space-I am 6'1" tall. The Folded AMD-65 scared the Be-allahs out them and they quickly gave way w/out a shot fired I swept left and right before anyone could get to their rifles or pistols. Just my experience. Another time while using an AKS(U) something similar happened. Some contractors prefer AKs so it is personal opinion and in the end to me it seems that you use what makes you feel comfortable.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:17:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

some people take serious pride in doing whatever it takes to defend their country, or serve their country at the least. i personally dont think it's something to mock.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:41:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Combat_Jack is still over here spouting off nonsense? He is a fucking little kid playing on his mommies computer. He can't even buy a handgun yet.  "But I knew this one guy on time who was an Airborne Stealth Ninja Super-Trooper that said he the M4 was the greatest tactical advancement since the bow and arrow, and I have been on arfcom since I was 14, so I have to  be right. Oh yeah, plus I'm a PLATINUM member, so if you harrass me I will tell site staff...............and my mommie."

COMBAT_JACK You're a fucking kid.................go play GI Joe somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wow, this is getting ugly.

Here is what I saw downrange in Iraq. Some soldiers carried AKs for whatever reason. Most carry(ied) some permutation of the M16/M4. I tried to get my hands on an underfolder AK (I prefer it to an M16 series personally)-It would have been more for me as a TC in a M113 as a "get off me gun" to use than trying to get to my M16A4/SPR. I had the option of carrying an M4 and I politely declined (well, after I finished laughing). Not my cup of tea not as reliable or lethal from what I have seen or heard. Not bad as long as you keep them clean but I had seen enough M4s have problems to not want one. Some people swear by them though. Somebody in one of the upper posts hit the nail on the head about it, saying to the effect that; operator maintenance/cleaning was not being performed often enough.

Somebody might pipe in and say as a TC aren't you supposed to have a handgun? Well I guess we were supposed to but after the supply Sgt, some maintenance personnel and a few others got the pistols there were none left for TC's or Machinegunners and an apathetic command doesn't do much for you there either. I would guess more guys would carry AKs but some units (mine included) stick very closely to the provisions of General Order 1A which forbids the use of foreign/captured weapons by US military personnel (I think it is still in effect down range).

In Afganistan my AMD-65 saved our vehicle from being bum rushed and a bunch of us from possiblly being killed. there were M4s and M16's in the Toyota land cruiser with us but people could not get to them fast enough because of body armor and tight space-I am 6'1" tall. The Folded AMD-65 scared the Be-allahs out them and they quickly gave way w/out a shot fired I swept left and right before anyone could get to their rifles or pistols. Just my experience. Another time while using an AKS(U) something similar happened. Some contractors prefer AKs so it is personal opinion and in the end to me it seems that you use what makes you feel comfortable.

Just my .02

thanks for the feedback.

How did you like the AKSU?  That would be my one choice if I could have any subgun.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

me too!

Oh brother... Lets not even get into the politics of the Iraqi war.  I don't know if you noticed but I have less then 100 posts in over a year. I don't go on this website especially because there are a lot of people here who just like to "talk" and are full of crap.

Just curious those who are wanting to go to Iraq so bad why don't you join the Army or Marines? Or are you in already in the Army/Marines and haven't been shipped over there yet?

Ok since this thread has become a shit-talk-fest, and now kabar3 and I are in a little debate here we go...Mr. Kabar3 I'm sorry but I fail to realize where this is political maybe we shouldn't be in Iraq maybe we should I don't know and I don't care, what I will tell you is that the Iraqi people (and most of the rest of the world) now hate us for the most part and I believe that if we don't do anything about it now you will instead of waking up to your starbucks latte in the morning have to reach for your gun and defend your doorstep, I don't know about you but I like the view out my front window. Now I'm assuming you have prior military service based upon your comment of "why don't you join...", let me guess your one of those guys who joined thinking wow if I join the military I'll get college funds and all I have to do is carry a gun around for 4 years-sign me up! then when you fell into the shit, I'm sure you wrote letters home telling your parents how much you hated it and we saw your parents later that evening on the news saying this isn't what our son signed up for he just wanted to go to college, and if I'm wrong about this my second guess would be that your one of those guys with way too much over priced tactical gear for your friends to ooh and ahh about everytime you have them over to watch Survivor and those paper tagets you shoot at the range will be really intimidated by your tactical look while you would tuck tail and run at the mere thought of any real survival, while in the meantime U.S. Marines are using duct-tape to keep their mags together to make sure you sit nice and comfortable in you home and drive your H2 to work.-Eat shit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Blood bath? Are you some kind of spokesman for the Iraqi people? And before you try to blast me....Yes, I have been there, In fact my unit was one of the first ones to cross the border...No I didnt join for college...I joined because I love my country dearly, it is family tradition. But mostly cause I wanted to be the best...From what I have seen there and heard from the guys in my old unit, who just returned..The Iraqis are very greatful for us. Did I duct tape my magazines together? Nope cause I think it looks stupid and is too klunky. Do I have shitloads fo tactical gear? I have enough. Maybe you arent lucky enough...maybe your just not man enough...But I dont think you should come on here dogging people and speaking for the people of the world....Unless your some sort of modern day prophet....Which I doubt very seriously.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Blood bath? Are you some kind of spokesman for the Iraqi people? And before you try to blast me....Yes, I have been there, In fact my unit was one of the first ones to cross the border...No I didnt join for college...I joined because I love my country dearly, it is family tradition. But mostly cause I wanted to be the best...From what I have seen there and heard from the guys in my old unit, who just returned..The Iraqis are very greatful for us. Did I duct tape my magazines together? Nope cause I think it looks stupid and is too klunky. Do I have shitloads fo tactical gear? I have enough. Maybe you arent lucky enough...maybe your just not man enough...But I dont think you should come on here dogging people and speaking for the people of the world....Unless your some sort of modern day prophet....Which I doubt very seriously.

I'm sorry I didn't know this post concerned you, I was talking to your girlfriend kabar3, and not man enough for what..to be in the vepr mafia? What I was saying is that just because kabar might not have put enough vagisil on this morning and isn't willing to stand up and leave a greasy snailtrail accross the desert and pop off a few shots at a couple sand niggers doesn't mean he needs to say its always been my dream to be shot at and possibly killed. I originally asked a simple fucking question and obviously offended a couple of you cunts when I responded back to your shitty posts. No I'm not a spokesperson for the Iraqi people what I was trying to convey was that if we don't take care of the small problem with them now they will just grow like a bad infection and come attack later so lets fix the problem before it starts,as for the duct-taped mag I saw a picture of a Marine with a magazine being held together by duct-tape not holding two together and like I told kabar EAT SHIT!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey Bloodbathdisplay, why don't you eat shit you fucking racist.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Hey Bloodbathdisplay, why don't you eat shit you fucking racist.

Ear to ear grin, biggerstick47! I suppose this is what I get for hanging out in the Ak area, I think I'll go back to where I belong. Peace out soul brother.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#38]
back to the original topic....Krebs KTR-03.....and everyone chill out were all just a bunch of  couch commandos ......and thanks to all the brave guys who are over in the shit for fighting and dieing so we can sit here and argue freely about vagisil, snailtrails,cunts and sandniggers(eww I hate that word).....really though thank you
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#39]
speak for yourself, theres some people around here who arent couch-commandos and we get a little pissed off when some dumb ass kid who doesnt know his ass from a paper bag starts acting like an authority. he has skated by and rarely gets called on it because everyone knows how insignifigant he is and he's ignored. back when he was simply a useless post whore like napolean tannerite it was easier to ignore but for awhile now he'e been trying to pass himself off as some kind of wise sage...dumbass.

back to the issue....i think he'd do fine with any AK in decent shape and if he goes to AFG he can buy a nice AK, a bandoleer full of mags and a spam can of ammo for about $200. i think US forces have cracked down on street level arms trade in iraq.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#40]
i am speaking for myself....my point is dont let some dumb ass punk get the best of you, brush it off :)  and just enjoy yourself............dont let someone(who obviously doesnt know what they are talking about ) piss you guys off so bad lol   its a internet chat room  there are TONS of jackasses floating around but ill be damn if I am going to let one give me a heartattack on a friday night lol
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:43:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Leave it to ARfcom!  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry I didn't know this post concerned you, I was talking to your girlfriend kabar3, and not man enough for what..to be in the vepr mafia? What I was saying is that just because kabar might not have put enough vagisil on this morning and isn't willing to stand up and leave a greasy snailtrail accross the desert and pop off a few shots at a couple sand niggers doesn't mean he needs to say its always been my dream to be shot at and possibly killed. I originally asked a simple fucking question and obviously offended a couple of you cunts when I responded back to your shitty posts. No I'm not a spokesperson for the Iraqi people what I was trying to convey was that if we don't take care of the small problem with them now they will just grow like a bad infection and come attack later so lets fix the problem before it starts,as for the duct-taped mag I saw a picture of a Marine with a magazine being held together by duct-tape not holding two together and like I told kabar EAT SHIT!

Ever here of periods, commas and paragraphs?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:06:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Ahhhhh man!  I thought this thread was about accurate AK's....

AC
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Ok since this thread has become a shit-talk-fest, and now kabar3 and I are in a little debate here we go...Mr. Kabar3 I'm sorry but I fail to realize where this is political maybe we shouldn't be in Iraq maybe we should I don't know and I don't care, what I will tell you is that the Iraqi people (and most of the rest of the world) now hate us for the most part and I believe that if we don't do anything about it now you will instead of waking up to your starbucks latte in the morning have to reach for your gun and defend your doorstep, I don't know about you but I like the view out my front window. Now I'm assuming you have prior military service based upon your comment of "why don't you join...", let me guess your one of those guys who joined thinking wow if I join the military I'll get college funds and all I have to do is carry a gun around for 4 years-sign me up! then when you fell into the shit, I'm sure you wrote letters home telling your parents how much you hated it and we saw your parents later that evening on the news saying this isn't what our son signed up for he just wanted to go to college, and if I'm wrong about this my second guess would be that your one of those guys with way too much over priced tactical gear for your friends to ooh and ahh about everytime you have them over to watch Survivor and those paper tagets you shoot at the range will be really intimidated by your tactical look while you would tuck tail and run at the mere thought of any real survival, while in the meantime U.S. Marines are using duct-tape to keep their mags together to make sure you sit nice and comfortable in you home and drive your H2 to work.-Eat shit.

I thought we could keep this civil and be mature about it but thats obviously too hard for you.

I'm actually neither assumtion. I have yet to join the military and don't even own anything "tactical." I have the most respect for our men and women in the military. The reason I haven't join isn't because of the War on Terror but because I feel that I can better help my country when I'm finished with college. Not that that is any of your business.

Again I'm still curious as to why, if you want to fight so bad, you haven't joined the military? Or am I wrong? You have joined but just haven't mentioned it.\

I understand you want to defend this great country we all live in but why the rush to go into battle?

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#47]
verp k is heavy but 2'' or less with wolf and 1'' or less with good ammo . or sam 7
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#48]
an ultimak is an excellent idea! most AKs i saw overseas did not have a side rail mount and you may not have the opportunity to shop around.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This tells us what kind of person you are.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top