Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/4/2006 2:51:27 PM EDT
After I bought a few AR15 Colts, I decided it was time to get an AK. I asked on a couple of the gun boards, which AK I should get, the AK-47 or the AK-74. Most of the response was, “It doesn’t matter, because you’ll end up with both.” Well, that was not what I wanted to hear, so I went to a gun show. I saw a few dragged behind a pickup AK-47s but nothing I would have or even any AK-74s. I ended up buying a box of Wolf 5.45x39 and 7.62x39. I know this may sound stupid but I carried one each of these bullets, or cartridges for you techies, around with me for about a month or so. After considerable consideration, I thought who would not want a rifle that shot these poison bullets, so I decided the one to have would be an AK-74. I said I would never have an AK-47. Imagine that!
The first photo is on my 100 and 200 yard shooting range. The second photo was taken on my shooting bench that is on the front porch of my shop, which is where my shooting range is. Hee! Hee!

Mikie
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, Mike.  Never say never!  I could be wrong, but those look like .30 caliber rifles.  Both the AKM and AKMS.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice slabside.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nice slabside.

seriously....  Very cool.  I like your selections.  Did you buy them as kits and have them built up, or buy them built?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought two like new underfold kits from Dans, and I bought two laminated stock sets from laukart. My gunsmith put everything together. Now, just as soon as my 7.62 ammo comes in...

Mikie
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:10:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Mike,

The reason I mentioned the .30 caliber, was because you stated in your original post that you "decided the one to have would be an AK-74."  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#8]
no 5.45 yet?

you'll like that better, especially if you're an AR addict.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Bachelor_of_Science, yes that is what I said a while back. I will never have a 7.62, but look what I have now in post number one. I guess I lied to myself.
MauserMark, you mean no 5.56 yet?
RS39

This is the one that started it all. ETA  SAR ll 5.45

Here is a few links to some of my other rifles.

FAL and Colt AR

AKS-74

Plum AK-74

Plum rail

This one is on the way from -Duke-Nukem-.

Russian AK-74 clone pic 1

Russian AK-74 clone pic 2

Russian AK-74 clone pic 3

Mikie
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Bachelor_of_Science, yes that is what I said a while back. I will never have a 7.62, but look what I have now in post number one. I guess I lied to myself.
MauserMark, you mean no 5.56 yet?
RS39 www.ak47.net/images/smilies/anim_beer.gif

This is the one that started it all. ETA  SAR ll 5.45

img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/jmwilson/crappi.jpg

Here is a few links to some of my other rifles.

FAL and Colt AR

AKS-74

Plum AK-74

Plum rail

This one is on the way from -Duke-Nukem-.

Russian AK-74 clone pic 1

Russian AK-74 clone pic 2

Russian AK-74 clone pic 3

Mikie

OK, I've got it.  By the way, if you fall out of love with that Russian clone, I'll give her a good home.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

OK, I've got it.  By the way, if you fall out of love with that Russian clone, I'll give her a good home.

Hey, I don't know what I was thinking about. I figured everyone started out with a 5.45 and then went to a 7.62 like I did. I should have explained my first post with more detaile. I will let you know about the Russian clone as soon as I get it back from duke.

Mikie
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Did you shoot those fish with that rifle???
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Did you shoot those fish with that rifle???

Haha! I was looking for bullet holes myself.

Beautiful weapons all around.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope no one asks me this, but somewhere on the internet, there is a web site where you can type in your latitude and longitude line numbers, and it will show an aerial photo of where you live. In the center of the photo is a 90-acre track of land that has an approximately 25-acre pond. I carry my SAR when I am fishing on the pond to shoot turtles and snakes.  

Mikie
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Why shoot turtles? :(
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#16]
yea, man why turtles......just wait one day you will run in to the ninja turtles
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I do not know why I like to shoot turtles. This is something I've done since I was a kid. Can you beleive this? In Arkansas, it is a $1000 fine for killing a snake, so I only try to wound em.

Mikie
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I do not know why I like to shoot turtles. img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/jmwilson/avatar/oh.gif This is something I've done since I was a kid. Can you beleive this? In Arkansas, it is a $1000 fine for killing a snake, so I only try to wound em.

Mikie

Thats rediculous...Why would you even bother the snake? Let alone just try to wound it. I guarantee that snake will not come over and just bite you...Leave the wildlife alone. Especially if your just gonna injure it, How would you like it if I walked into your yard while you were minding your own business and shot you in the knee? Then said, Hell atleast I wont get fined, I just injured him! use some common sense. If you arent gonna eat it...dont kill it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I do not know why I like to shoot turtles. img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/jmwilson/avatar/oh.gif This is something I've done since I was a kid. Can you beleive this? In Arkansas, it is a $1000 fine for killing a snake, so I only try to wound em.

Mikie

Thats pretty shitty dude.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mikie

Thats rediculous...Why would you even bother the snake? Let alone just try to wound it. I guarantee that snake will not come over and just bite you...Leave the wildlife alone. Especially if your just gonna injure it, How would you like it if I walked into your yard while you were minding your own business and shot you in the knee? Then said, Hell atleast I wont get fined, I just injured him! use some common sense. If you arent gonna eat it...dont kill it.

Oh, but I do eat snake and turtle. I also shoot beaver, but I have never eaten one. I use to crow hunt back in the 80s with a 6.5x 20 Leupold scoped 22-250 Remington 700, but I have never eaten a crow. When I set out a rattrap and catch one, I do not eat them either. Hey 762bodydropper, I have to ask, “What do you do when you kill a rat?”  

Mikie
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:56:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Feed it to my snake......smartass. And no I dont kill spiders or ants. I understand that bugs and snakes and even rats are here for a reason. If you kill off allthe snakes in your area.....Rats will run rampant, If you kill off all the rats....The snakes are gonna have one less food source, and so on. I do however kill mosquitos.....But thats in self defense!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mikie

Oh, but I do eat snake and turtle. I also shoot beaver, but I have never eaten one. I use to crow hunt back in the 80s with a 6.5x 20 Leupold scoped 22-250 Remington 700, but I have never eaten a crow. When I set out a rattrap and catch one, I do not eat them either. Hey 762bodydropper, I have to ask, “What do you do when you kill a rat?”  

Mikie

How does your wife feel about that?

Nice pics btw..
John P..

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:58:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Feed it to my snake......smartass. And no I dont kill spiders or ants. I understand that bugs and snakes and even rats are here for a reason. If you kill off allthe snakes in your area.....Rats will run rampant, If you kill off all the rats....The snakes are gonna have one less food source, and so on. I do however kill mosquitos.....But thats in self defense!

That is just down right cruel 762bodydropper. The poor little mouse has never hurt anyone, and you feed him to your viper. Shame! Shame! On the other hand, I catch all my mice in a live trap. At night, I sneak over to my brother’s yard and let them go next to his house in his flowerbed.

Quoted:

How does your wife feel about that?

Nice pics btw..
John P..

The rattlesnake supper happened before we were married.

Thanks for the comments guys, good or bad.

Mikie
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top