Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:27:23 PM EDT
what the hell happened to it? krinkfreak?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
i think they are moving,..should be back soon
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Moving to new servers....old one couldnt handle the traffic.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Moving to new servers....old one couldnt handle the traffic.

Thats about it,Troy sent in a trouble report and they basically locked us down while they're trouble shooting the site.Thats un-acceptable and we're working on changing service providers,hopefully we'll be back up in a few days.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
And I hand to come over here!

Thanks for the update Johno
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I was a little worried, but thats what I thought had happened. WWWHHEEEEEEEWWWWW!! THat was a close one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Cant wait until its done..
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#7]
good, at least we know it's still alive in one form or fashion.

PS Warty, got the M.O., mags will go out on monday Via UPS.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm more than happy to wait........
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
For those that arn't aware. You can join us at www.akforum.net when it comes back up.

's need not apply!

Alot of GOOD people on the AK FORUM!

Oh and the only membership available is a free membership. Comes with free search and free avatar just as Al Gore had invisioned when he invented the internet!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I miss it already.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Me too!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For those that arn't aware. You can join us at www.akforum.net when it comes back up.

he
Oh and the only membership available is a free membership. Comes with free search and free avatar just as Al Gore had invisioned when he invented the internet! hr

that site doesnt even work.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

's need not apply!

Oh and the only membership available is a free membership. Comes with free search and free avatar just as Al Gore had invisioned when he invented the internet!

that site doesnt even work.

April fools.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

's need not apply!

Yeah run by those great guys who posted stuff from our staff forum, which all of us agree not to do here.

So if you want to pal around with guys whose word means nothing, it sounds like a great site.

Hey, no disrespect or anything. I just stay out of the "potitics"of it all. You guys run a great site here with alot of topics. Especially the pistol forum that I enjoy very much. I just prefer the akforums for AK related topics.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]
i belong to all the AK forums, i stay out of the drama and so-forth
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I miss the Recreation Room. I'm sure it will be back up soon!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Better place over there.. plain and simple....And FREE too!!

I love the motto, it pretty much tells it all.

"It's not about the money, it's about the Kalashnikov."

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I tried to get on earlier but to no avail.

I am glad it will be up and running again soon.

Can't wait to get back on.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Apache,.. i got the stock set,...looks good man,.. i may have it on my Arsenal in a few days.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I miss the Recreation Room. I'm sure it will be back up soon!

Me to.....And it will be back up soon....
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:19:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:32:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
what the hell happened to it? krinkfreak?

The amount of traffic was causing the server CPU and Memory to overload.  They put a block on it until they could migrate the website to a server with better performance.  I'm not happy about the way they did it, but I'm doing the best I can do.

We are also researching another service provider that can be more responsive to our needs.

KF
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Yeah run by those great guys who posted stuff from our staff forum, which all of us agree not to do here.

So if you want to pal around with guys whose word means nothing, it sounds like a great site.

Better to post the truth when a senior staff member discounts the worth of a certain group of members.  All those guys (AK members) asked for was a change in the way the EE operates and they got written off instead.

It is a great site.  We welcome most everyone from this board to come over and join.  One individual (AR-15 Moderator) thought he would make himself welcome, even after he was told he was not.  Then he decided to troll the board till he got caught.

Facts are facts, Aimless.  Let it go.

KF
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

So if the traffic were to get so big that the site was constantly going down, and the only choice was to ask for donations, what would you do?

Not take donations.  When you take donations or membership dues from both vendors and members, you have a conflict of interest.  Whose interests do you look out after???

My members come first.  Always.  I will provide them everything I can at no cost.  The day I charge a member, is the day I give the board away.

KF
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Trying to defimate the character of krinkfreak and the others at AKForum.net only shows a true "lack of character" on the part of the site staff of this site ...

Quoted:
So if the traffic were to get so big that the site was constantly going down, and the only choice was to ask for donations, what would you do?

I would gladly make a donation to support AKForum.net,  the same way I paid for a Team Membership here to help support this site, before it went on the downward spiral ...

Apache,.. i got the stock set,...looks good man,.. i may have it on my Arsenal in a few days.

cruzie, glad you like the stock, Thank You ...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#28]
KF, we are patiently waiting......good luck!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes, i actually would donate to keep the site running.

If a $20 in the mail would help i would gladly do so.
Voluntary donations are different that paying a membership to me.

A voluntary donation is to help the cause after something has been given.
I like what i have been given over there and would gladly donate.
You hope that all of the money would go for the cause, as i trust it would here.

A membership is to get you something that you have to pay for.
Some of that money, would probably end up in the pockets of the "Site Staff"
at some time or another. How much does it really cost to maintain an archive search
function and an Avatar feature??

Aimless,
  As far as the accusations go,
keep it up and you will be a member of the
"Shut your piehole" squad before you know it.

When in doubt, reference the motto...

KyAKGuy
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Actually, I think donations are fine, but its ad money from "Industry sponsors" that is the pitfall of most sites. This one included..

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Apache,.. i got the stock set,...looks good man,.. i may have it on my Arsenal in a few days HOURS.

cruzie, glad you like the stock, Thank You ...

chalk this up to a sleepless night

it is still pretty rough,..i still need to sand and put a layer or two of clear on it,.well maybe 4-5 more coats,...so it wont be finished until next weekend,... but you can get an idea of how it will look,...i wasnt tryin for this "red wine" look,...but after fussing with it,.. im just going to leave it. besides,.. it looks really nice in real sunlight

ETA:,.. i'd give a donation just because we are all treated with respect,. and as equals. plus there is a noticeable lack of the dumb shit overthere,..and i really like that.

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
chalk this up to a sleepless night

Sweet ...
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better to post the truth when a senior staff member discounts the worth of a certain group of members.  All those guys (AK members) asked for was a change in the way the EE operates and they got written off instead.

It is a great site.  We welcome most everyone from this board to come over and join.  One individual (AR-15 Moderator) thought he would make himself welcome, even after he was told he was not.  Then he decided to troll the board till he got caught.

Facts are facts, Aimless.  Let it go.

KF

Oh boy...here we go...

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Oh boy...here we go...

No....This is not going to go anywhere.

The Avilas are good people.  I don't have the first bad thing to say about them.  Ed Sr and Juan are welcome in my house anytime.

It's unfortunate that a few of the senior staff here feel the need to treat the darkside as second class citizens.  When that problem goes away, this will be a better place for all.

KF

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

People who do not keep their word usually have an excuse for their dishonorable acts.

Eat shit.  My integrity is intact.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

WOW! Cruzie, that looks great!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People who do not keep their word usually have an excuse for their dishonorable acts.

Krink, everyone here knows you are a man with integrity. There is a reason so many here are anxious to get the AKForum back up and running. You have provided them what they were missing here.

Aimless, after reading the way you guys talk about your members BEHIND THEIR BACKS, you have no place judging anyone's integrity.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Krink, everyone here knows you are a man with integrity. There is a reason so many here are anxious to get the AKForum back up and running. You have provided them what they were missing here.

+1

Anyone questioning Troy's integrity needs to have their head checked.

Now ill patiently wait for the AKForum to come back online.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

's need not apply!

*GASP* How dare a member of the elete let information leak out to us sheeple. Luckily we are still in our pens and have not revolted.

ETA: KrinkFreak is THE MAN. His integrety is nowhere near in question. I give a +1 to his "Eat Shit" comment.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aimless, after reading the way you guys talk about your members BEHIND THEIR BACKS, you have no place judging anyone's integrity.

Please tell me what you are talking about as far as saying things behind people's backs.

Aimless, you have access to the page that was copied and shown, I don't. Why don't you post it HERE for all your members to see and let them decide for themselves. I think most here would like to know how staff feels about them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#46]
BiggerStick47, Krink, it is good to hear you guys again... can't wait for the site to be up and running again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please tell me what you are talking about as far as saying things behind people's backs.

Aimless, you have access to the page that was copied and shown, I don't. Why don't you post it HERE for all your members to see and let them decide for themselves. I think most here would like to know how staff feels about them.

You said

"after reading the way you guys talk about your members BEHIND THEIR BACKS"

You made an accusation, please back it up, I would like to see what you read that you believed to be offensive.

I want to see both sides.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*GASP* How dare a member of the elete let information leak out to us sheeple. Luckily we are still in our pens and have not revolted.

ETA: KrinkFreak is THE MAN. His integrety is nowhere near in question. I give a +1 to his "Eat Shit" comment.

If you found a man you knew and liked lied, but he lied to someone you did not like, would you trust him, or not trust him?

Oh yeah? Well YOU can't come to my birthday party now. Beat that.

Jesus you are so childish about such small things... you create a snobby privledged group full of people who are only let in because they send in bribes, and then get your panties in a bunch when someone leaks "precious information"...

I would like to read your little backstabbing thread though. Tell me what you think of all of these members.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
If you found a man you knew and liked lied, but he lied to someone you did not like, would you trust him, or not trust him?

Let's see... the man that I know and like supposedly lied to someone I can't stand and wouldn't believe a word he said anyway... You know what, I suppose I wouldn't mind a bit.  I'd say it sounds like a case of what goes around comes around.

And that's just the straw breakin' the camel's back when it comes to this place... I mean, between the crazy ass nut jobs here that think it's more than okay to torture people and treat them lower than animals because they're the enemy and the fact that I have to PAY to search the forums (and then roundly mocked when I post a question about something that's been answered 1,000 times before but I can't search to find the postings...)  I tell you what man, you retarded staffers that look down your noses at people are just the last straw... hell, the only reason I'm here now is to find out when the AK Forums will be back up and running.  And the answer is, not fast enough.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

You said

"after reading the way you guys talk about your members BEHIND THEIR BACKS"

You made an accusation, please back it up, I would like to see what you read that you believed to be offensive.

Aimless, yes I did say "after reading the way you guys talk about your members BEHIND THEIR BACKS", because the thread in question was posted in the staff forum, not in the public forum. Last I checked, regular members do NOT have access to this forum. I did NOT save the page copied and posted, so I will NOT try to quote it. However, you obviously know which thread I am refering to, since you refered to it first:

Quoted:

Since you know which thread it is, and have access to the staff forum, you should post it here. Don't forget, in the above quote YOU accused Krink of being someone " whose word means nothing". Now to quote your own words again:

Quoted:You made an accusation, please back it up

Now, post the thread you are accusing Krink of leaking, and it will clear up all of your accusations and my accusations. I nor anyone else from The AK Forum have anything to hide. How about you?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top