Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:20:26 PM EDT
Man I have no idea why I keep going to the gun shows here in Boise. It seems like nobody wants to sell their stuff the way ,IMHO, it priced so high.  Ratty looking SAR 3's for 475.00. Wasr's for 375.00 and Yugo UF for 599.00. Took a Colt 80 series Officers ACP in the box in case I needed to have a trade handy but only bought some W-W 357 Sig Rangers at 15.00/50. Did see 3 Weiger mags at 25.00 but at those prices will pass on the 223 AK for now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I was there today too.  I went looking for a stripped AR lower, came home with a couple of AK mags and a few snap caps.  Sad.  You're right, the prices are ridiculous.  Not one to be found but a guy at one of the tables told me he could get me a stripped DPMS lower for $210.  You can buy them straight off of DPMS website for $179.95!    I can understand local merchants being a little higher priced than big catalog retailers or internet shops, but their prices are soooo much higher it's a real joke.   If the $5 dollar admission didn't go to the Black Creek range I'd felt cheated just walking in the door.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes sir don't mind supporting BC range. I got to admit I enjoyed talking to the young cuties at the Bill Sali for Congress table and even though they ain't nowhere cute at all the guys at the Idaho Automatic Weapons Assn. table are a good bunch of BS'ers. My buddy and I   were trying to get an idea on prices cause we're helping the wife of a friend who passed away sell some of his collection. He paid $100 for an old H&R 410 single shot which is identical to the one his Granddad owned and his dad gave to his son. Seems his brother tried to trade him a old Gold Cup for the gun but he couldn't cause his son cherished it. I bet his bro with the Gold Cup already got a call about how bad my friend feels about his very own brother not having Gramps old gun and maybe he just miight take that Colt now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I think part of the pricing problem may be that some of these gun show sellers still have inventory they paid big bucks for during the AWB and they are just trying to get their money out of it.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top