Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/1/2006 5:42:17 AM EDT
With the shiney blued finish that looks like the original Zastava finish. Kind of like a Chinese rifle.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:07:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Any reputable gunsmith with a bluing tank should be able to accomplish this for you.  To get it a shiny blue it is first going to have to stripped of the current finish.  It may have to be polished if it is a rough bead blasting.  Your best bet is to take a copy of your photo and your rifle to a gunsmith in you area and ask him all that will be entailed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
DITTO!

I want my CTI to match my Yugo bho mags. They are gorgeous, kinda blued.

Not after I use the shit out of em probably...lol
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Or you can try one of the bake-on finishes right over the top of the park.  GunKote makes a "blued" version of their coating.  

--Otter
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Blued finish + wood on an AK is the most beatiful thing. Im probably gonna go the Gun Kote route on my CAI Yugo underfoler. I have had good results with Gun Kote and it's easy to apply. It holds up much better over park finishes. So if you go the Gun Kote route don't strip the original finish. Also best to apply 2 coats. First one goes on VERY lightly. You won't cover up all the original finish underneath but thats what the second coat is for. Apply second coat the same as the first and it will cover up all the park underneath. If you coat it normally like you would when you were spray painting somthing it will be too thick and flake off easy.

Good luck
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
It does look good, doesn't it? :)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top