Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/31/2006 11:29:55 AM EDT
Is it possible to sticky a thread titled "Newbie - Which AK to buy?"

The reason why I ask is that this question seems to get asked several times a week.  The replies back to the "newbie" always seem to be the same as well.  It just seems like a whole lot of redundacy that could possibly be avoided by having a sticky post.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is it possible to sticky a thread titled "Newbie - Which AK to buy?"

The reason why I ask is that this question seems to get asked several times a week.  The replies back to the "newbie" always seem to be the same as well.  It just seems like a whole lot of redundacy that could possibly be avoided by having a sticky post.

+1

But, Do you think they will ask the question anyway?  I've seen it asked when the same question is on the first page of the Discussion thread 3 times.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You're probably right about that but I can still dream.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
tapeo1 has a good idea.

Be nice if this could happen somehow.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well there is the Search Feature....This question has been asked and answered many many times already...

And yet we still have at least 3 people a week asking the same question about "which AK" over and over again.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Some people like to introduce themselves to the AK side via threads like that. I know it can be frustrating to see the same topics over and over again, but remember that we were all new to the internet stuff once too.

I completely understand that too.  I don't blame a newbie for asking the question, I'd probably do the same thing but like Mak has said, you sometimes see this same question asked 3 times on the same page and the replies to the question are always the same.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well there is the Search Feature....This question has been asked and answered many many times already...

And yet we still have at least 3 people a week asking the same question about "which AK" over and over again.  

I think he is referring to the fact that THIS exact question has been asked and answered time and time again......just like the newb AK question
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Honestly if your just now getting into the AK market go 7.62 or 5.56NATO, 5.45 is being surplus out since it is being replaced, prices on ammo will only go up as only one nation uses it currently.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top