Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:14:24 PM EDT
are these scopes any good ....and is this a good deal ....has any body used one of these scopes and how do you like it  www.centerfiresystems.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=SCORIF29&Category_Code=AK
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I would also like to know
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]

This one is a bit more, but it has the correct mount.  There used to be plenty of companies that sold these but right now this is the only dealer I can find with the correct scope.
www.freedomoptics.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=105

I have one that takes the AA battery and I like it fine.  The company I ordered from was nightvisionweb but they don't have any Russian scopes of this type in stock.  NightvisionWeb may have changed their name and have a new website.  If so, I have ordered from them twice and had no problems.  Their address is the same as this company.

www.shotplus.com/shop/home.php?cat=244&xid=76ab7544fc5bfb553ac77cc697423635

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#4]
what kind of mod would I have to do to my ak to make it fit ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what kind of mod would I have to do to my ak to make it fit ?

We have no way of knowing what type you have without knowing the rifle you have and possibly pics would help identify the type of rail you have if your rifle already has one.  

It depends on what type of AK you have, whether you have a mount as RS39 mentioned he has on his VEPR or if your siderail is the type on a SAR-1.

If you get the scope you posted and your rail is not the right type then you either have to buy a new siderail and remove the old one and rivet in the new one.

Or, change out the mount on the POSP, which means extra cash for the new mount, but the old mount may not only be mounted with screws but pinned as you can see in the picture of the scope I posted.

If your rifle does not have a universal siderail you are better off spending the extra cash for the scope I posted or search the web for one like it with the type of mounting system that is correct for you rifle.

The first thing you need to determine is what kind of siderail you have.

Tantal's site was posted and it shows the different types of mounts available.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The reason I asked is that I ordered one two weeks ago from centerfire, but it got here today via USPS and the thing slid right on to my WASR10 and my Romak 2 it locked on and everything so I'm good to go now I need to get it zeroed and find some damn ammo
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
i have one on my vepr and its awesome! fits and works great!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a manual in English if you don't have one. PDF

POSP manual

Detailed sighting in instructions

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks this will help .....the manual I got was full of Russian giberish
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
thanks this will help .....the manual I got was full of Russian giberish

Mine was, also.  That isn't exactly the correct manual as the mount is different but it will show you how to "zero" the scope by sighting it in and the loosening the screws and returning them to 0.  It gives pretty good instructions on how the scope functions.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top