Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:23:00 PM EDT
I just bought a side folding wire stock for my MAK-90. The stock did not come with mounting screws. Does anyone have an idea were I can get the proper screws?

TIA
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
The screws are a metric 5mm.  Many vendors such as TAPCO sold these sidefolders with screws that they said were original.  I got some with a sidefolder but had several that did not included screws.  I took the screws from TAPCO and went to ACE hardware and found the exact same screws with the same markings there for about $.10 each.

I have never known a Romanian sidefolder to properly fit a MAK-90.  You with have to grind the sides of the sidefolder mounting block to fit into the Chinese rifles thicker receiver.  When you get it in, you will only be able to mount it with one screw instead of two as the holes are not going to line up correctly in the sidefolder with the tang on the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.aa-ok.com/akparts.html
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The screws are a metric 5mm.  Many vendors such as TAPCO sold these sidefolders with screws that they said were original.  I got some with a sidefolder but had several that did not included screws.  I took the screws from TAPCO and went to ACE hardware and found the exact same screws with the same markings there for about $.10 each.

I have never known a Romanian sidefolder to properly fit a MAK-90.  You with have to grind the sides of the sidefolder mounting block to fit into the Chinese rifles thicker receiver.  When you get it in, you will only be able to mount it with one screw instead of two as the holes are not going to line up correctly in the sidefolder with the tang on the receiver.

Yes, your right only one screw but it does work.  My brother had to fit one on his reciever, and it was fine.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top