Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/29/2006 8:19:16 AM EDT
I noticed that Yugos look alittle different when compared to a regular AK.  

Are they any different than a regular AK.  Do they have any neat extra features?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
They do not have chrome lined barrels, some of them use the thicker RPK recievers, and they have a lever that can be lifted to block off the gas tube in order to launch grenades.  There is probably more, but this is all I can think of right now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Slighly different Lower, and upper handguard shape(i love it).

Addition of Rifle Grenade sight, and ability to open/close gas port from barrel to gas chamber for rifle grenades.

Addition of a thicker receiver if wanted. 1.6mm instead of 1mm. Seems to be the norm with these kits.

Accurate. Especially with US MADE barrel.

Do a search. These M70AB2's are nice! I bought one!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yugos were a very poor quality car imported quite some time ago...very low cost, and you got what you paid for.  Spawned an SNL skit about the newest low cost car, "The Adobe" which was made from clay and hence very easy to fix after a wreck.  Just don't wear white.

Oh wait...wrong Yugo... The Yugo AK pistol grip is also shaped a little differently, has the "flip up" grenade launching sight, and also has a flip up "night sight" that's integral to the front sight tower.  The M70 mags have a follower that acts as a last shot "bolt hold open", but the bolt will slam closed when you remove the mag.

--Otter
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I dremelled a couple of my mags to hold the bolt open, but it appears the slamming action will eventually eat away at the follower. Also dremelled a notch in the selector switch to grab the charging handle, which works great for reloading. Just move to fire, and slam a round in the pipe.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top