Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 3:26:23 AM EDT
I recently completed the first major step to enhancing my gun collection with the purchase of an AR and am now looking to invest in an AK-47. I want one that i completly black(grips stock and all), but all I can find are the traditional wood grip rifles. Should I just purchase one and try changing the stock and grips. Also, is there any brand or rifle that i should avoid or look for?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Arsenal  USA of Nevada made many models that are all black

Armory USA of Houston made some that is dark plum/black.....SSR-85-C

.........................................................................Hope that would help.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I recently completed the first major step to enhancing my gun collection with the purchase of an AR and am now looking to invest in an AK-47. I want one that i completly black(grips stock and all), but all I can find are the traditional wood grip rifles. Should I just purchase one and try changing the stock and grips. Also, is there any brand or rifle that i should avoid or look for?

Easiest way would be find the gun you want, and if its wood buy a black stock set from k-var and swap it out. Sell the wood on the EE to help offset the cost.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Atlantic Firearms sells Arsenal, Armory USA, and Vector brands...I think all can be had with black synthetic stock sets.

--Otter
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Arsenal  USA of Nevada made many models that are all black

Armory USA of Houston made some that is dark plum/black.....SSR-85-C

.........................................................................Hope that would help.

It's actually, Arsenal Inc. of Nevada
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The ones i looked at where  pretty standard but the models and serial no.s looked like they were hand writen with a metal carving pen. Is this normal???
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Hello???
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The ones i looked at where  pretty standard but the models and serial no.s looked like they were hand writen with a metal carving pen. Is this normal???

YES..............
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats all i needed to know...Thanks, lol
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top