Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/28/2006 2:08:50 PM EDT
www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=260

Thinking of picking one of these up. Anything negative I should know about? Overall quality and history of service? Any pros vs. cons?  Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=260

Thinking of picking one of these up. Anything negative I should know about? Overall quality and history of service? Any pros vs. cons?  Thanks!

www.atlanticfirearms.com/admin/images/content/ssr85c2poly.jpg

They are excellent weapons, but make sure you have Blaine inspect the sights before he ships.  One of mine came in after a six-month wait and had a canted front sight...(Not from Atlantic, BTW).  this flaw is just not acceptable for a gun of that quality...and price.

Bud
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the front sight issue a common thing or a rare lemon?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I've asked many members here and other boards if they received their weapon with that "flaw."  The responses were all negative...meaning, they had nice, straight sights on their rifles.  So, I'd attribute my predicament to a rare incident.  

These guns are built in Bulgaria and 99.9% of the time, the guns they build are winners in my book.  Just make sure you, (or your source) checks it over carefully.  

Bud  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've asked many members here and other boards if they received their weapon with that "flaw."  The responses were all negative...meaning, they had nice, straight sights on their rifles.  So, I'd attribute my predicament to a rare incident.  

These guns are built in Bulgaria and 99.9% of the time, the guns they build are winners in my book.  Just make sure you, (or your source) checks it over carefully.  

Bud  

I have one with wood stocks.  I love it.  Very nice, indeed!  I just wish it had a bayo lug, etc...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've always wondered about composite furniture. Never had the chance to inspect one with poly physically. Are the stocks solid throughout, or hollow? Pretty sturdy?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top