Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:17:39 AM EDT
I just recently got a new Vector Arms AMD-65. I really like the gun but  would like it better if it had a way to hook a sling to the rear of it. It has a front sling mount in the usual place, but has nothing in the rear. What did these guns originally have for a rear sling mount? I see no place where it was ever mounted on the weopon. I would also like to see how hard it would be to add a side scope rail on it simalar to what is on my SAR-1. I would like to add a cobra sight to it. I am sure this is something I would have to send it off to have done. Point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
anymore sugestions? How do some of the other companies attach sling swivels? It looks to be attached to the rear of the gun on the back.

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The link above is how they did the originals.  You can also do this: Drill through the receiver into the left side of the trunnion and tap it for 10-32 threads.  Screw in a QD sling stud.  It's not original, but it works and doesn't look too bad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Robinson attaches a side swing swivel stud to the stock at the rear of the receiver, which blocks access to the scope rail (a big no no IMHO). If you have to remove your optic (damaged in combat or in a carbine class) and need to remove it ASAP, you'll have to remove your sling, etc...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I don't want to block access to the scope rail. Not that I have one at the moment but plan to soon.  I see on the Atlantic Arms website they have AMD's with rear sling mounts that look to be atatched to the rear face of the trunion. This looks like it would be sturdy and wouldn't get in the way too bad. Does anyone have a pitcture of exactly what method they used to put the on there?

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]
No one knows?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top