Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 5:24:39 PM EDT
I got these in a local trade this weekend, traded my MPA 971 and my G17 for these babies and a NIB KT P11...I'm very happy

One is a Bulgy build with all the correct compl. parts and what not. Very nice, very crisp trigger, came with 3 mags....no ammo though but I'm slowly getting that problem solved.

Next up is a Maadi MISR, also very nice.

The only problem is that damn hard to get 5.45 ammo, but I slowly building that up, should have the first shippment soon.

I think I'm going to centalize my collection around AK's, AR's and bolt guns.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!  Great scores!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice rifles!  It seems like I saw them much closer up just a few days ago

As for 7.62x39, I wiped out the Academy in Lafayette after getting the MAK-90 from this past Saturday.  I then proceeded to head out to the range and burn off a few rounds.  You should have seen the police officer there shooting his Baretta rifle with an EOTech and a Laser.  I was getting better groups with the MAK-90s:

And to think, the officer even had the nerve to tell me that one could not hit the side of a barn with an AK type weapon before I started shooting.  When I pulled my first target back, his chin was hanging down low  The guys who work at the range got a good laugh out of that!  The saddest thing of all was that I was shooting like shit that day as seen below:

ETA:  I can normally put them in the orange, but I had too many Red Bulls that day.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It's always fun to put someone elses high priced toy to shame with a "less desirable" weapon.

Hope she treats you well
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
gunz4me, I love the look of that black one you have, whered you get the handgaurd like that?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's always fun to put someone elses high priced toy to shame with a "less desirable" weapon.

Hope she treats you well

I know she will treat me well.  All she needs is a few compliance parts and another stock set to make her slim, trim, and mean!  

Also, if I run across anyone with 5.45 ammo for sale, I will drop you a line.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Where are you at?  Clarks and Rons in Bossier has 5.45.  Also their is Cash N Flash on Texas Street that had som,e in bulk it is a little harder to come by.  Congrats on the AKs though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
gunz4me, I love the look of that black one you have, whered you get the handgaurd like that?

Pistol grip and buttstock - Kvar Industries
Upper and Lower Handguards - Choate (given to me from a cousin's dragunov set since he only used the dragunov buttstock from that kit)
FCG - Tapco G2 Doublehook (still needs to have the sharp edge polished on the disconnecter, but works great when lubed well)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where are you at?  Clarks and Rons in Bossier has 5.45.  Also their is Cash N Flash on Texas Street that had som,e in bulk it is a little harder to come by.  Congrats on the AKs though.

I'm down in Houma. I found someone on the board willing to sell me a case of Wolf, and a couple other sources are selling me smaller lots.

This is my first AK in 5.45 so I am excited to try it out. Plus, I have 20 mags of various colors and coutries of origin coming in that I bought from a gentleman in the EE.

And, yes there is more I have an SAR 2 that I got in a trade that should be coming in quite soon.

AK's seem to multiply quite quickly

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#10]
What exactly is this "EE" that everyone speaks so highly of? Something similar to GunBroker? I have money, and it needs to be spent wisely!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What exactly is this "EE" that everyone speaks so highly of? Something similar to GunBroker? I have money, and it needs to be spent wisely!!!

Equipment Exchange.  The link is right next to INFORMATION and just above INDUSTRY on the Quick Forum Links.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Equipment Exchange.  The link is right next to INFORMATION and just above INDUSTRY on the Quick Forum Links.

Right up there in the upper right corner of the screen, right above "INDUSTRY."  Click it...  Then SPEND, SPEND, SPEND!!!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I got these in a local trade this weekend, traded my MPA 971 and my G17 for these babies and a NIB KT P11...I'm very happy

One is a Bulgy build with all the correct compl. parts and what not. Very nice, very crisp trigger, came with 3 mags....no ammo though but I'm slowly getting that problem solved.
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/RyanJR/IMG_2670.jpg

Next up is a Maadi MISR, also very nice.
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/RyanJR/IMG_2672.jpg

The only problem is that damn hard to get 5.45 ammo, but I slowly building that up, should have the first shippment soon.

I think I'm going to centalize my collection around AK's, AR's and bolt guns.

What's an MPA 971?  I know how much a Glock 17 costs (roughly the cost of the Maadi), but I'm unfamiliar with the other one.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What's an MPA 971?  I know how much a Glock 17 costs (roughly the cost of the Maadi), but I'm unfamiliar with the other one.  

Masterpiece Arms 971, it's a hybrid MAC/FAL/AR, that takes suomi 71rd drums.

It was a fun gun but I wanted to get back to basics.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Masterpiece Arms 971, it's a hybrid MAC/FAL/AR, that takes suomi 71rd drums.

It was a fun gun but I wanted to get back to basics.

Yeah, I agree.  What caliber and what was the cost?  MACs are typically pistol caliber, FALs are typically .308 and ARs are typically 5.56.  I remember reading about a Suomi once, but don't recall what it is or what caliber it was in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hi everyone, I just got this thing called an AK47 and I was wondering about this button on the back of the topcover, it seems to be springloaded, waite the topcover just came off- wow there is all kinds of things in here, really simple design, I just crawled out from under a rock, damn it's bright out here, will the ammo from my AR work with this rifle? LOL

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:22:23 AM EDT
[#17]

I remember reading about a Suomi once, but don't recall what it is or what caliber it was in.

9x19mm Parabellum

Masterpiece Arms MPA 971. I owned one for a couple of months. It was fun for a while, but nothing more than that. LArifleMAN scored big time on this deal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top