Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 10:55:04 AM EDT
I'm about to pick up an RPK clone, and figure a drum would really be appropriate.

Only problem is, I've been out of the AK scene for a while and have no idea who still has these things.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Scott
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#1]
www.GunBroker.com all day long........

At least a dozen at a good price any day, every day.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Scott, if you don't mind making the trek out to Dekalb, Mosher's gun shop has drums for around $85 out the door IIRC.  The had quite a few of the AIm surplus "NIW" ones there.  And yes, they are NIW, you get the comsoline for free!

[ETA] I bought two drums there, one is still in the wrap, the other works great.  Romy dryms if I didn't mention it...
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both, I'll keep that in mind :-)

I'm really excited to order this thing up.

I think it will be a blast to throw the bipod down and do some drum dumps
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Scott,

What brand of RPK is it?  I saw one of the new ones that Centerfire/CIA has and it didn't look too bad, especially for the price.  But knowing you, you went all out and found an Arsenal or something awesome like that!

Let me know when you head out to the range with it, I would like to see it in action!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Scott,

What brand of RPK is it?  I saw one of the new ones that Centerfire/CIA has and it didn't look too bad, especially for the price.  But knowing you, you went all out and found an Arsenal or something awesome like that!

Let me know when you head out to the range with it, I would like to see it in action!

Haha, nah, for me, the cheap AK's work just as good as the others.  I found a romanian for 499.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
AES-10?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Where to buy a good drum?..................IRAQ
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Given the AES-10 only appears to be a dolled up WASR, I'm still considering a buy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
You can get lucky sometimes at a gun show.I picked one up yesterday in Oklahoma city. Talked him down to $80 from $100.
It was a romie 75 rounder.
Check the EE first!
Now I've got two for my SAM7
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
The question constantly on my mind, is how well do the Romanian 75rounders perform? Given everyone else's opinions, I will definitely search out a Chinese drum, but what (besides slower loading) downfalls do the Romanian drums have?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't have a Romanian drum but some people prefer the Chinese because you can keep the drum loaded without putting tension on the spring.  If I had a Romanian drum, I would probably keep it loaded anyway.  I do that with my 30 and 40 rnd mags.  Someone should test it out and report back after one year.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Iv hed mags loaded for over a year, once every couple of months Id shoot it and reload them tho! been that way for almost 2-3 years now. I do however have new mags coming my way
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You can get lucky sometimes at a gun show.I picked one up yesterday in Oklahoma city. Talked him down to $80 from $100. It was a romie 75 rounder.
Check the EE first!
Now I've got two for my SAM7

I lucked into a chinese drum last saturday for $80. Price was $100 but he gave it to me for $80. Makes two chinese drums for me and they look good on my Norinco RPK.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Gunbroker, Ammotogo, Chi-com drums for $139.00, $9.00 to ship. NIW and greasy.Madtechcool
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top