Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/24/2006 6:41:30 AM EDT
I was watching some Schwarzenegger over the week and noticed three unusual AK`s in some of his movies,

1. In Commando he has some form of RPK, but the RPK has a thumbhole/Dragonov stock. What`s with that? Number one Commando was made in `85 (no 89 ban), Number two it a machine gun, and three its a movie. What is this gun and what`s with the stock?

2. In True Lies the head badguy has what looks to be a F/A AK pistol in some of the movie. What kinda AK is this?

3. Terminator 3 John Connor/Nick Stahl has a short barreled AK underfolder. Almost looks like the same AK in True Lies but this one has a stock. What AK is used here? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
First one is a Valmet M78.. Sort of like an RPK..

Others are custom jobs built on Chicom guns.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The gun in True Lies was a krink.  

I have wanted one since first seeing that movie.  Now, I have an M92 kit I'm workin on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#3]
We should try to compile a list of movies the AK is seen in.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That would be a long list.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be a long list.

uzitalk.com has a HUGE list of uzi's in movies
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
the Valmet/ RPK in Commando is also the the RPK in Red Dawn with different furniture.  this info came from a Small Arms Review article from a few years ago.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
hell,... a AK even made it into the first season of the Sopranos,..i'll have to watch the first season again to get a better look at it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Just watched 9ya rota, lots of AKs in that
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for the OT post but it did make me smile to think of the number of times I've stopped play on the DVR to check out what guns were being used in the scene of a movie or TV show.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Watch the Negotiator with Samual L. Jackson. The SWAT sniper that chews on that god damn tooth pick rolls with a Valmet RPK/DMR type setup....obscene. I also look for HK94's which have been chopped into MP5's. I can't remember the last time I saw a true MP5 in a movie. There are only a few compaines that do hollywood gun rentals, and 1 particular gun may be used in multiple movies in different configurations. What a cool job to have, but the capital and the laws make it prohibitive to venture into. I thought about "renting" some of my private weapons to local productions, but being incapacitated as I am, I wouldn't be able to run away fast enough after some college punk shot his idiot friend in the face with my HK. Plus, I don't want Cecil B. Demented and his ham fisted friends scratching up my babies.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top